Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been a fan of the stock antenna. I removed it on the roadster and replaced it with the Opel GT one. Still did not like so I used a three inch stubby on the roadster and I am happy. When I got the Coupe I did the same thing with a stubby. When forum member Rotary Piston visited me with his Coupe on the weekend he mentioned that he was thinking of going with an Opel GT antenna. He said they are now harder to find. That got me thinking and after much searching I found mine. Here it is on the Coupe. I think it looks ok......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prefer my Opel Antenna and simply unscrew it when putting the car cover on
Bill
That is what I will be doing as well. Looks good on your coupe.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
I have the Opel antenna.

Going too short compromises performance in favour of looks. Where you stand on that scale will depend on your personal preferences.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you go.......#25805645

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Thank you sir.

Ordered two from Amazon. GM no longer produced or held in stock according the local GM dealership.

I have been meaning to order one for the green car for 4 years now, and now that the Sad Rock is running I want one on it.

Glad I still snoop on the Solstice forum!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I got a 3" antenna from Amazon. for ~$10. Works just fine, doesn't bend and it doesn't stick up 30 feet in the air.

But, I'm in a major metropolitan area. It might not work so well if you're 60 miles from the broadcaster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts