Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good friend and colleague has a 94 Miata that he bought to drive and makes no excuses about it - he bought it to drive it and that he does! Since he is gracious enough to help me with so many favors (he owns a tool and die shop) I told him this past fall that I would detail his Miata. After all, I had acquired the tools, supplies and knowledge detailing the Solstice. . .

With his permission I present the before and after. Also known as "what Tom did over the last few weeks waiting to get to the driving weather in Michigan."

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I missed a LOT of spots. What's most important is the Solstice is still a way hotter car. : )

·
Registered
457 Posts
Me next! !!

Looks great!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
848 Posts
I missed a LOT of spots. What's most important is the Solstice is still a way hotter car. : )
Absolutely. In any case, I'd bet you put a good part of a day cleaning that. I mean, where is this guy going with the car? My Bronco with a softop usually doesn't have that much dust on the interior after wheeling it all day.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Looks good Chicken! Wanna do my Solstice? $50!! What do you use on all the hoses under the hood? Armorall? I know professional detailers use some form of a spray-on wax....

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah, looks good! Sure isn't hard to see an improvement in a car that looks as bad as that one did. Lots of work to get it where you have. Kudos!

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Good work, but such a waste of water, armorall, wax, cleaner. Those things look like giant metal turds to me. I absolutely hate the looks, and always have.

A friend does not let a friend drive Miata's. You still have work to do.

Joking of course. I need a friend like you!

·
Super Moderator
16,392 Posts
Have you ever sat in one of those tiny tinny boxes and tried to close the door? Its clearly designed for twelve year old girls. Didn't they only come in pink for the first few years?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good Chicken! Wanna do my Solstice? $50!! What do you use on all the hoses under the hood? Armorall? I know professional detailers use some form of a spray-on wax....
Ghost - it's Detailer's Preferred Interior Trim Detailer that I bought from Autogeek.net. Aerosol cans. Their website has a good "how to" on it's use.

I've also heard that the DP line might be discontinued. I just bought 3 cans a month ago or so.

It holds up pretty well. Since my Solstice is only driven in the rain if we get caught in it a spring application lasts all year. This spring, for example, required no "real" cleaning. Just spot clean up and a re-application and it looks as good as it did the first time I used the stuff about 3 years ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts