Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
In the 2007 Solstice leaflet ( http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/default/modellibrary/pdfs/07Pontiac_Solstice.pdf ) I read:
Premium Package: includes leather seating surfaces,
leather-wrapped shift knob (manual transmission only)
and three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel with
accessory controls. A9

When I look up A9 it reads:
Requires Convenience Package.

And that Convenience Package includes:
Convenience Package: includes cruise control, Driver
Information Center, foglamps, steering wheel-mounted
cruise and Driver Information Center controls

So it seems that when redcoats1976 has a leather steering wheel with no buttons this is very very rare :-(

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Those plates where there are no buttons are removable and can be moved to your new wheel. Remember that the wheel on our cars is standard parts bin so lots of different cars used the same wheel and a few have changed out there stock wheel for a Corvette wheel. There should be lots around.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
You really DO have an odd ball car eh! All is not lost though as we share the same steering wheel as the Corvette and several other GM cars. Check out this thread over on the Corvette forums as there are more then a few options available without buttons on them of any sort.

post up your aftermarket steering wheel! - Corvette Forum

One of the base vettes must have come with no buttons. Maybe if you were to inquire over on the vette forum as to who there has a no button, leather wheel?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
The odd ball comment was my feeble attempt at humor... ;)

Maybe you can pick up a wheel over there from someone that has swapped their old one out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try NalleyGMC... here's a link... steering wheel

Looks like you have to buy the wheel, plus the left and right side blank covers.

At worst, this will at least get you some GM part number info to help you search.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Link doesn't work but from what I could see when I was looking there earlier today, the blank covers only come with a complete wheel and can't be purchased separately.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Try NalleyGMC... here's a link... steering wheel

Looks like you have to buy the wheel, plus the left and right side blank covers.

At worst, this will at least get you some GM part number info to help you search.

Good luck!!!
Steering wheel: 25864930 $145.90
LH Cover: 15902773 $34.44
RH Cover: 15902771 $34.11

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Is there an indication that the left cover is blank? Doesn't appear to be according to that illustration.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Is there an indication that the left cover is blank? Doesn't appear to be according to that illustration.
There are two different part numbers for the #3 blank which is displayed on the right side in the illustration: One part number for the right, a different part number for the left hand side.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Link for Nalley wasn't working on my cell.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the info and help guys. It is very usefull to me and I am sure it will be to others too.

Seems buying a original Pontiac Solstice used leather steering wheel and combine that with the RH and LH blank covers might be the cheapest option for me.

How easy is it to change out the steering wheel ? Does it require fiddling with the airbag ? I assume that is inside the steering wheel ?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
There are threads here on how to pull and change the wheel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts