Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you understand to be the options on the first 1000? I was told (and shown by the dealer) that it only has the basic options, cloth seats, no air, no electric locks or windows, SLY as the only color. He tried to order other options BUT it did not take. If you did want to order other options you could do it on the regular order cars but NOT the first 1000.

Is this the same as you were told?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Bleacherman said:
I was told (and shown by the dealer) that it only has the basic options
I don't think this is the case. I spec'd out exactly what I wanted once I secured my spot. There are some options that are not available yet (chrome wheels, auto tranny, and certain color/option combos), but you should have most options at your disposal. I can't see GM putting out 1000 clones, but I'll keep my fingers crossed until I see MY car aiting at the dealer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
We have several dealers posting on these forums, along with several very active memebers very involved with their dealers. This is the first anyones ever said along these lines. So I'm going to suggest a big block of salt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Bleacherman said:
What do you understand to be the options on the first 1000? I was told (and shown by the dealer) that it only has the basic options, cloth seats, no air, no electric locks or windows, SLY as the only color. He tried to order other options BUT it did not take. If you did want to order other options you could do it on the regular order cars but NOT the first 1000.

Is this the same as you were told?
My dealer called me in the other day to pick out my options so that he could put the order in this Friday. I also thought that they came without options and told my dealer so, he said that it had changed and I had free choice of options available for my 1 in 1000 solstice. A/c does not come standard, or the power package. Hope this might help. Lisa in AZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
All options except...

Bleacherman said:
What do you understand to be the options on the first 1000? I was told (and shown by the dealer) that it only has the basic options, cloth seats, no air, no electric locks or windows, SLY as the only color. He tried to order other options BUT it did not take. If you did want to order other options you could do it on the regular order cars but NOT the first 1000.

Is this the same as you were told?
The process currently allows any order placed through "AutoBook" and transmitted ["via 'satelite"] to GM to receive a "VOM" number to be associated with a 1st 1000 order. That association is done on the http://solstice1000.com/DLR/associatevom.aspx page.

There are constraints on the following options:
  • OnStar
  • Crome Wheels
  • Automatic Transmissions
  • Steel/Sand interior with certain body colors
This is also consistent with the information that we have heard from the dealers who have posted to this forum, and with the ordering process reported by many here.

If you're having problems with the dealer at which you have a current "Pending" EOP order (see my thread FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info) to determine if you have an EOP 1st 1000), then I suggest you call the Solstice EOP hotline at 866-539-0256 [as posted by Solsticeman at: Early Order Program Number]. They can talk to your dealer and help you apply the clue-by-four to your dealer for better ordering results.:smash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I talked to the salesman at my dealership and he had a Regional Manager come in yesterday morning and tell him that no options would be available. Said all the cars would be the exact same. I did not call anyone a liar, but I asked him why would the solstice1000.com website ask for a VOM# if they would all be the same. The answer I got was << crickets chirping >>.

The following I found directly on the FAQ page linked from the registration area for the contest:

Do I get to choose which options I would like?
Yes. You may choose your preferred options for your exclusive retail order. See your participating dealer for details
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
898 Posts
Maybe the dealer is refering to the first line on the table advertisement that had a disclaimer on the back. The first line reads something like GM has the option of sending what they want. I told my dealer no first 1000 if that was the case. Didn't make 1000 though. Go back and read it. I bet that is what the dealer is talking about-----
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
My order detail shows the options I chose. My dealer had this info. in the system from the very beginning when trying to get my first 1000.
==================================

Order information
Vehicle order number: ******
Order type: SRE-RETAIL SOLD
Allocation group: SOLSTC

Order Content
==================================

Model: 2MB67-Solstice: CPE 2 Dr Convertible
Package: 1SA-Option Package
Transmission: MM5-Transmission, Alsin 5-speed manual
Engine Le5-ENG. 2.4 L DOHC Ecotec, VVT, 4 Cyl
Trim: 312 Steel/Sand
Color 1: 42U-SLY (Shadow Gray Met.)
Color2
TPW
Pattern
Order Options: B32-Floormats
C60-Air Conditioning
FE9- Federal Emissions
G80- Limited Slip rear diff
JL9-Brakes
PCQ-Premium Package
R9U-Auto Book identifier
UQ3-Monsoon premium Audio
US9-Radio, am/fm, ster,sk/sc, ETR,MP3,RDS,6Disc
VK3-License Plate Bracket (wont Use but free)
VM3-Label information Bumper impact
ZQ2-Power Package
ZQ3-Convenience Package
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You Are Right!!!!

I called my dealer back today and told him everything all of you have said...and.....he had to call GM where he found out that YOU WERE RIGHT!! He never did have an update sent to him from GM but when I went to see him today to pick out colors/options, new options showed up that were not there when I watched him order it originally at 2PM on Friday.

So....Thank ALL of You VERY MUCH! I was not thrilled about getting a stripped down model so now that this one is loaded, I am pumped!

(Note: He did talk to someone at GM who implied a Turbo may be coming out in the next year or so. With this small of car, that would be exciting!)

Bleacherman...THANKS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Bleacherman said:
I called my dealer back today and told him everything all of you have said...and.....he had to call GM where he found out that YOU WERE RIGHT!! He never did have an update sent to him from GM but when I went to see him today to pick out colors/options, new options showed up that were not there when I watched him order it originally at 2PM on Friday.

So....Thank ALL of You VERY MUCH! I was not thrilled about getting a stripped down model so now that this one is loaded, I am pumped!

(Note: He did talk to someone at GM who implied a Turbo may be coming out in the next year or so. With this small of car, that would be exciting!)

Bleacherman...THANKS
On Friday there was not the ability to do other than get in line for A car. If you had to wait while the guy in front changed his mind three times on options you would have :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

By design in the program rules there was not the ability to specify options until Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
HOME RUN!! Swung the Clue-By-Four and POW! That one's out-a-here!

Hook'em said:
I talked to the salesman at my dealership and he had a Regional Manager come in yesterday morning and tell him that no options would be available. Said all the cars would be the exact same. I did not call anyone a liar, but I asked him why would the solstice1000.com website ask for a VOM# if they would all be the same. The answer I got was << crickets chirping >>.

The following I found directly on the FAQ page linked from the registration area for the contest:

Do I get to choose which options I would like?
Yes. You may choose your preferred options for your exclusive retail order. See your participating dealer for details
YEAH! Now that's what I'm talking about! :thumbs:

I had forgotten about the FAQ page from the registration page--BRAVO!! You found your own Clue-by-four. And when you swung it, you connected so hard, you knocked it clean out of the park. :D

I loved the crickets!! :lol:

I take it that you got your options selected through AutoBook, got the order transmitted "by satelite" to GM and got a VOM number and got that VOM associated with your EOP?

Way to go! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
achieftain said:
On Friday there was not the ability to do other than get in line for A car. If you had to wait while the guy in front changed his mind three times on options you would have :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

By design in the program rules there was not the ability to specify options until Saturday.

I beg to differ. Friday at 1:30, I watched my salesman pull up the options screen and then we went down the list and made sure I selected all the options I wanted, prior to generating a VOM. The only option not showing was Onstar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
DeepSol said:
I beg to differ. Friday at 1:30, I watched my salesman pull up the options screen and then we went down the list and made sure I selected all the options I wanted, prior to generating a VOM. The only option not showing was Onstar.
Have you checked to see if OnStar has been released as an option recently? I'm going to visit the dealer this weekend for a "check-up", and if OnStar has re-emerged, I'll consider adding it.

:agree: On the other issue, I do have to agree with DeepSol. There was the ability to associate a VOM on Friday, but with a catch (a REALLY BIG CATCH): it was looking for a 6 digit NUMERIC ONLY VOM. They had fixed that over the weekend to allow VOM's with letters as well as numbers which almost all of them have.

I do know that the box was there, and we tried to get my VOM associated on Friday, but it wouldn't take it then--it complained the VOM was not valid. :( Same VOM went in with no problem on Tuesday. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Have you checked to see if OnStar has been released as an option recently? I'm going to visit the dealer this weekend for a "check-up", and if OnStar has re-emerged, I'll consider adding it.

:agree: On the other issue, I do have to agree with DeepSol. There was the ability to associate a VOM on Friday, but with a catch (a REALLY BIG CATCH): it was looking for a 6 digit NUMERIC ONLY VOM. They had fixed that over the weekend to allow VOM's with letters as well as numbers which almost all of them have.

I do know that the box was there, and we tried to get my VOM associated on Friday, but it wouldn't take it then--it complained the VOM was not valid. :( Same VOM went in with no problem on Tuesday. :cool:

OnStar now appears as an option, but won't be available until September.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top