Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw this out and see what kind of feedback I get. I'm not big on customizing, but....
If I were going to spend an addtional $2000 in aftermarket options, what do you guys recommend.

I am getting Pure, Sand leather, Polished wheels, $195 stereo option, ABS, Limited slip, AC, convenience pack, power pack, mats... I think that's it.

I'm thinking (round numbers)
Splash guards - $100
Dual center line rally stripes - black - Installed $400 (wag)
Cold Air Intake and Exhaust - $1200? I think that's right
Tonneau Cover (for colder weather driving, the cover will keep the heat in better!! $300.

Comments?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I got everything except the cold air intake for less than 1,000.00 installed. ( I got the cat back) My dealer gave me the employee discount.If you talk to you dealeer he might give you a discount on your items also.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deluke said:
I got everything except the cold air intake for less than 1,000.00 installed. ( I got the cat back) My dealer gave me the employee discount.If you talk to you dealeer he might give you a discount on your items also.
Hi Deluke - Do you like the Tonneau cover? Do you have a pic of your car with the splashguards? Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
KYSol said:
Hi Deluke - Do you like the Tonneau cover? Do you have a pic of your car with the splashguards? Thanks for the post!
Really haven't used it yet, it's more for spring. My husband say's it's to cold to put the top down, and I can't drive it till spring. I don't have a picture of the car either, but the splash guards are great and I like the cat back.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deluke said:
I can't drive it till spring.
??? Don't understand.
Did you notice much difference in performance with the catback or just a little better exhaust tone?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Editguy said:
She recently had surgery, I believe!
:blush: Sorry - Hope everything is going OK :blush:
I suppose I'll go see someone about having my foot taken out of my mouth. :(

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
KYSol said:
I believe she's recovering nicely, and I don't think you have your foot in your mouth. There's no reason why you should necessarily know that, and the only reason that I do is because I can't detach myself from this forum until I get my Sol! Now that's probably something to :blush: about!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Editguy said:
I can't detach myself from this forum until I get my Sol! Now that's probably something to :blush: about!
Yeah, you and me both. The difference is, I have a GREAT reason to detach myself. And with gasoline prices down to as low as $2.09 for regular at a Citgo, I have no excuse.

http://www.houstongasprices.com/

So, I think I will start cutting back and try to raise the level of my posts to a "quality" level. It's a long stretch for me, so wish me luck. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
KYSol said:
Don't worry about it. Gizmo sometimes teases me and tells me I sound like I'm a fifteen year old waiting to turn 16 to drive the car. :lol: My husband said he can tell the performance is better. And make sure you don't use 87 octain gas, my husband said it was really sluggish with 87 octain.( that's what my dealer put in.)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
deluke said:
Don't worry about it. Gizmo sometimes teases me and tells me I sound like I'm a fifteen year old waiting to turn 16 to drive the car. :lol: My husband said he can tell the performance is better. And make sure you don't use 87 octain gas, my husband said it was really sluggish with 87 octain.( that's what my dealer put in.)
So you aren't 16? (Thanks deluke ;) I love reading your posts... Usually more informative than the rest of us Yahoos who are just waiting) Giz is still a yahoo, but he's got his car :) :willy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts