Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I'm new to this forum, but from my early readings, the options are to be very limited to keep the cost down. Origianlly, I thought the only two options were to be 5 or 6 speed and color.

Thought standard equipment was:
AM/FM CD Stereo w/fixed antenna
A/C
Pwr windows/door locks
Leatherette Seats

Has anyone heard of an options list?

My main concern is, how is the top going to be sealed agains the body behind the seats?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I suspect some of those items will be added cost options and not standard. Specifically the power ammenities and the leather seats. Cloth will be standard.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
solsticeman, maybe this should be a sticky until final specs are released?
Actually all of that information listed can be found at the end of the sticky FAQ already in place in this section.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil, small favor, add "soltice.htm" to the link in the general FAQ. Right now it displays the root folder which might confuse people a bit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went to a dealer today and he told me that there will be an upgrade for the leather seats. Also he said there will be an option I'm not sure exactly what it's called but you can start your car with a push of a button (on keychain) that starts your car (heater/air) for 10 minutes. No one can take your car while it's started because the key has to be in the ignition to move the car. He also thought that there might be an option for heated seats because it is not a high priced option, but he said you would need the leather seat option for the heated seats. Other than that he didn't think there were going to be too much more options to keep down on the price of the car. Now he did say that probably the second year of production would have more options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At the SLC auto show the price was quoted as $20000 base $25000 fully loaded. One of the options mentioned was a CRT on the dash, I guess thats a navigation system etc. but they couldn't elaborate. 5 grand would suggest quite a few choices.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah I have to agree I think there will be more options than what the dealer guy was telling me. It was funny because at first he said he didn't know anything about the car then I get in his office and he starts telling me stuff about the car. ahhhhhhh who knows I guess we will have to wait and see :smile

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
options

Maybe Pammy's dealer has been paying attention to our site and knows just what we know. My dealer is currently way in the dark. I know tons more, except when they'll be able to order. They can't even order the S/C Cobalt which is in all the TV ads.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
brentil, small favor, add "soltice.htm" to the link in the general FAQ. Right now it displays the root folder which might confuse people a bit.
Changes made.

GA73, go check out this options list.
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/solstice.htm
It's very easy to reach $5,000 in options without really getting anything spectacular. We're currently not expecting nav system because if there was the show cars would probably have it. The concept car had it, but it's console has been completely redesigned for the production version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts