Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to to talk to the Pontiac dealer today and got to see the brochure which is supposed to be out in 2 weeks or less. It was several pages and the color orange will be offered this year with a V-6 that will be offered next year. The new V-6 will be smaller and lighter than the current one. Also I was told,okay by two salesman that GM is planning a hard top convertable. Time will tell if we see it.
By the way they did say a retractable hardtop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who would want a ugly ORANGE car---- :devil: Only a Auburn Fan--- Roll Tide :)

Yellow would be ok tho, match the Goldwing & Cub Cadet

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
summersolstice said:
I went to to talk to the Pontiac dealer today and got to see the brochure which is supposed to be out in 2 weeks or less. It was several pages and the color orange will be offered this year with a V-6 that will be offered next year. The new V-6 will be smaller and lighter than the current one. Also I was told,okay by two salesman that GM is planning a hard top convertable. Time will tell if we see it.
They are telling you about the Pontiac G6. It will be available next year. likely in that burnt orange color GM has, and it will have a power operated hardtop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fformula88 said:
They are telling you about the Pontiac G6. It will be available next year. likely in that burnt orange color GM has, and it will have a power operated hardtop.
Bingo. Beat me to it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
If you looked at the EOP brochure the red (aggressive) looks orange an dcould be very misleading, since it is in truth C6 red!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fformula88 said:

No, I saw the orange color (74u) on the option list brochure for the Sol. It was only car in the brochure. GM has been known not give out all info on a new car before or change things so maybe that what happened. All I know is the it showed a pic of the Sol in orange and said it was orange. It showed the Sol in each color being offered this year. It's same brochure's that you will be able to get within the next 2 weeks. You know with any new car until it actually comes out it is subject to changes but one thing for sure we will know shortly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
achieftain said:
If you looked at the EOP brochure the red (aggressive) looks orange an dcould be very misleading, since it is in truth C6 red!!!

It said orange in the brochure and it also showed the red.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tombugg said:
Who would want a ugly ORANGE car---- :devil: Only a Auburn Fan--- Roll Tide :)

Yellow would be ok tho, match the Goldwing & Cub Cadet
Well orange is not for me but some others want it. Now this burnt pearl orange on the Mc Laren would look good on the Sol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
summersolstice said:
Don't know (but I have an inkling) completely about the orange color - colors can change on a moment's notice (remember that it seemed that yellow was likely, but now it's not available but white is?). Maybe so, maybe not. Maybe they'll come out with a double-color (like the Avalanche blue-green).

I can say with almost certainty that

a) the Solstice will NOT get a V6 anytime in this generation,

b) the Solstice will NOT get a retractable hardtop anytime before the 2008 or later model year, if at all. Possibly the next generation, if there is one.

Your dealer either is really out of touch, or they are confusing the G6 with the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Orange, v6, hard top, retractable hard top? That's a lot to swallow, even with a big block of salt. Dealers have been netoriously the worst info source. Especially since none of our dealer memembers have mentioned a thing about any of this at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If it were a dealer that had told him this stuff I would agree but he said that he saw the V6 and Orange in an ad or flier at the dealership that has yet to be released (odd). Personally, I'd have taken a picture with my camera phone ;)

The only thing that the dealer supposedly told him was that it would be coming with a retractible hard top convertible. And while I doubt that we will see one any time soon, if ever, that doesn't mean they aren't "planning" one.

Hell, I plan to work out 3 times a week but that doesn't seem to take place very often.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Primus said:
If it were a dealer that had told him this stuff I would agree but he said that he saw the V6 and Orange in an ad or flier at the dealership that has yet to be released (odd). Personally, I'd have taken a picture with my camera phone ;)

The only thing that the dealer supposedly told him was that it would be coming with a retractible hard top convertible. And while I doubt that we will see one any time soon, if ever, that doesn't mean they aren't "planning" one.

Hell, I plan to work out 3 times a week but that doesn't seem to take place very often.
Well then Smaller Dealer, Breeze, or conejo148 would more then likely have confirmed this by now. They've all been extremely forth coming about information, and been some of the very first to post it for us. Unless they haven't gotten this brochure yet, but they seem to get their promotional items the same time everyone elses dealers have been.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that we haven't gotten any confirmation from anyone else, and this information goes against everything else we've been hearing over the last year. Orange more then likely has a good chance of existing this coming year since color choices are an easy option to add, however the v6, the hard top specificaly a retractible hard top which would required it to also be a power hard top. You add those two things right there and I wouldn't be suprised to see a $25k-$30k price tag base. I mean because the hard top convertible V6 G6 is supposed to base at $28k-$33k depending on engine option. One year seems to be a really short period to take this car from being a back to basics $20k Roadster and turn it into "another $30k roadster."

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:agree: :brentil: :agree: :brentil: :agree: :brentil:

When does an unknown DEALER know more than all of the rest of US?

My documentation from the dealer does not indicate that a ORANGE car will be available for the First 1000.

Who knows what happens after that? We can only hope for some agressive colors in the future.

Take care-Steve

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
summersolstice said:
No, I saw the orange color (74u) on the option list brochure for the Sol. It was only car in the brochure. GM has been known not give out all info on a new car before or change things so maybe that what happened. All I know is the it showed a pic of the Sol in orange and said it was orange. It showed the Sol in each color being offered this year. It's same brochure's that you will be able to get within the next 2 weeks. You know with any new car until it actually comes out it is subject to changes but one thing for sure we will know shortly.
74U IS Aggressive(Victory Red) IT IS RED RED RED!!! :brentil: I had this exact color twice. Not just code but touchup part number. The book is just a bad print. 74U in this part number can be seen on a Sunfire, Corvette, or truck, except SSR which has little more candy red tint to it.

See my avatar for gm's official version in digital format.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts