Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
5,600 Posts
Orange and yellow are both popular colors among the members, at least as shown by previous polls. The dark colors do look nice on the Solstice, but I think they went much too conservative with the color choices they've offered. I'd like to see a couple of wild colors thrown in among the mix. Yellow seems to be a favorite among the colors not yet offered for sale. I personally would love to see a maroon and a bright copper color.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I hope that they add some more colors next MY. The Sky has a very nice Bluestone and Yellow Burst color, so maybe the Sol will give a wider choice of colors in MY 07.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
inVaUSA said:
i have always been surprised about the solstice color choices. they just seem so basic... orange could be cool, but i would like to see some blue/silver mixed shades.
I think that GM wants to keep the Sol looking like the "classic" roadster, which is good and they have the Sky to appeal the the younger crowd. I guess since the Sky was designed to be a more modern roadster, then that is why they have the more vivid colors.JMHO

·
Registered
106 Posts
mmmmm, how about a slightly different hue ~ Carousel Red (Pontiac) aka Hugger Orange (Chevy) ~ Goes great with a black top ~ my '69 Firebird is planned for that w/ the black vinyl top... :willy:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
cadillacricket said:
My one gripe is really the lack of a choice of top color. Did anybody see a picture of the Solstices with the Tan tops? Looks good on a red car... Maybe a Crimson Pearl....
The Sky calendar is claiming two choices for tops. (black or tan) ... so I am guessing that the Sol will get tan next MY. :confused:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
In the podcast a while back they said there would be new colors coming sometime next year. Pisses me off cause I wanated my yellow now. :(

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
brentil said:
In the podcast a while back they said there would be new colors coming sometime next year. Pisses me off cause I wanated my yellow now. :(
I am "on the fence" between buying a Sol, or Sky ... but I tell you that the Sun Burst Yellow and the Bluestone Skys are making me lean further to the Sky. I guess it will com down to availability in the end, because they are both great roadsters. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...boo!

Just in time for halloween.
:cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
brentil said:
I wanted a different color too but could not wait 'til next year...sad truth is it probably will be next year before I get mine! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The lack of yellow or orange is really the only reason I haven't ordered. I can live with first year bugs. I can even live without the beneficial changes that are sure to come with each model year. I can even live without more horsepower (but I'd rather not).

What I can't live with is lack of bright colors. Not silver or white (white is the lack or color), but yellow, the concept orange, or a really light blue (think the Cooper's blue or the Miata's Crystal Blue). I think I'd even be willing to get a dark color with a tan roof. The dark blue or green that's offered now would look swank with a tan roof. Same with black, silver, red, white, or gunmetal. Hey, that's all of colors!

Maybe it's just my Miata upbringing (only their leather models with the bells and whistles got tan roofs), but black tops just look cheap and chintsy.

Tony

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'd like to see an orange, as long as it is along the lines of a true orange, and none of that copper metallic that GM (and others) have been using the last couple years.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:agree: It's gotta be bright and metallic paint -- wouldnt' hurt to do one of those undertone/mixed paint jobs and mix the orange with metallic yellow undertone -- I'd pay extra! Should offer another similar paint scheme only using cool colors.

·
Registered
417 Posts
since i live in tenn also i like the orange. of course to top it off i work at home depot where orange is king
:cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
well. can't say i'm a fan of orange. but wouldn't mind yellow or some other brighter colors.. actually i'd love to have a two-tone starting out something light light grey in the front going to a deep blue at the rear..

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Orange is my favorite color... and I like orange cars... but on the Solstice, I would stick with black.

... I would take this any day:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.