Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some difficulty obtaining information from my dealer as the salesperson I placed my original order with has since left the dealership. I am now working directly with the fleet manager but he does not seem to be current on that status of the Solstice.

After several attempts to have XM radio added to my order, (the dealer has been insisting XM is still not available), I received a call this afternoon that XM was added to my order and I was given a new VOM. Now I am worried that I have lost my place as #4 of their five first allocation cars. The dealer says I have not lost my place, but does it make sense that I have a new VOM number? :nonod:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I wouldn't think the VOM would change, but maybe they had to enter it as a new order for some reason. At any rate, you should not have any problem since you're near the end of the first allocation. If your order had already been pulled, I could see it causing a delay. But it's highly unlikely that your order would have been pulled yet ... so the dealer should still be able to prioritize it in their system.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
DCLocal said:
Now I am worried that I have lost my place as #4 of their five first allocation cars. The dealer says I have not lost my place, but does it make sense that I have a new VOM number? :nonod:
If your dealer is being truthful about your place in line, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The priority for orders is assigned locally at your dealership, so if he placed VOM #ABC123 into his computer with a priority of #4 out of his 5 allocations, then that is what the priority is. So long as your old order was not pulled for production by Pontiac yet, the change in VOM # should be irrelevant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts