Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This maybe something one of the dealers can answer...

I am #9 (of 10 or 12) in my dealer's first 4-month allocation. I'm thinking that puts my build date in October (at best). I was told my order was 'picked-up' several weeks ago (I know nothing else - part of the problem is the salesman is a friend of the family, and I don't want to get too pushy - If I don't have to).

I did not order the convenience package (don't know what I was thinking :banghead: ). When I asked if I could change the order, my salesman said the sales manager said it was too late :nono: (??? unless I wanted to cancel my order ???).

It's not important enough for me to lose my relatively crappy place in line - :skep: but I find it hard to believe I can't make a change to a car that won't be built for 4+ months! :cuss:

I've seen several people talk about changing their colors - what gives?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I hope that isnt true

I am calling to add leather to mine. I was afraid the black leather would get to hot but now I want it. I am #6 on the list at my dealer but I haven't heard if the order has been picked up yet. I was told I wouldnt see the car until after January. I wished they wouldn't be so vague!

·
5,641 Posts
MAKsys said:
I am #9 (of 10 or 12) in my dealer's first 4-month allocation. I'm thinking that puts my build date in October (at best). I was told my order was 'picked-up' several weeks ago
While there have been some posts that say some regular allocation cars have been "picked up", Conejo148 has a post Thursady June 9th that states that the first round or regualr allocation ordering starts this weekend.

Either way it would be hard to believe that a dealer has already had 9 orders "picked up", unless your friend moved you to the head of the line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Generally once an order is picked up by GM, it goes to a "PLACED" folder in the order management system. This is usually on Tuesdays. (sometimes retail sold orders bypass this step) The order can be changed up to that point, including the tuesday it was "placed"..

From there, it goes to "In system", which makes it non-changeable from the dealer's ordering computer. Since actual production is still far enough away, a phone call from the dealer to their GM Area Sales Manager SHOULD be enough to get equipment/color changed.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I called my dealer about a couple weeks ago to make a change to mine, but after checking, I was told it was too late to make the change in the system also. Is there any way we can get in touch with somebody down the line at GM to try and get things done? I got the feeling my salesman just isn't on top of things and I'd like to set things in motion, even though I don't want to get my salesman in trouble or anything. He's a good guy, just maybe a bit to easy-going to make things happen. Any ideas about who to contact?

·
Registered
19 Posts
SlySol said:
I called my dealer about a couple weeks ago to make a change... I got the feeling my salesman just isn't on top of things and I'd like to set things in motion...Any ideas about who to contact?
The salesperson may not know it is possible, and you should have the dealership's manager give their GM Rep (ASM) a call. That is the only way it can be done once their system "picks up" the order. It should be able to be changed, but the final decision falls on General Motors, not the dealership. Make sure they know what you want to change when they make the call.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

It is really cool that there are dealers on the site that are willing to help :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I just called my dealer to change from Sly to Deep. I'm # 1 of his allication of 4 and he thinks he can change it. He still thinks I'll see my car end of Sept. to beginning of Oct.

I'm guessing more like end of Oct begining of Nov. but I can wait. These cars look great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts