Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
WOW!

Did you read through the printbook? I made the PDF available - 12 pages of REALLY detailed stuff - brentil, you definitely want to look at it.

I updated the FAQ with some of the info...

Like the color names:
NAME Code Touch-upPaintCode
Deep (Dark Blue Metallic) 25U WA-722J
Envious (Emerald Green Metallic) 38U WA-215M
Mysterious (Black) 41U WA-8555
Sly (Shadow Gray Metallic) 42U WA-911L
Pure (Summit White) 50U WA-8624 A A
Cool (Liquid Silver Metallic) 67U WA-994L
Aggressive (Victory Red) 74U WA-9260

Looks like yellow is out the door, from this info. C'est dommage! I wonder what it would have been called, had it stuck around... "happy", "ecstacy", "cheerful"?

Since it seems to be designated at 2MB67, I guess the carline in the VIN has been decided on "M-car".

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Downloaded the pdf and plan on playing around with selections. Thanks, Solsticeman. Congratulatins, by the way on your promotion to Super Moderator. Hate to think that guy that looks like you, walks like you, and talks like you over at the Sky site was getting paid more. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir, that's with the top down. 3.8 with it up is better than I originally thought. Now if it could only be detached and left at home. Of course it can! Think of all the show cars.

The pdf book on the Solstice is one thing but there is way too much info in the rest of the site for any one sane individual. Did you know that as of last month the HUD on the Grand Prix can now display "stealth mode" whatever that means. I wonder where the button is to engage.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yup...I noticed that. Looks like that hump IS the gas tank. WTF!

Still a great car...But they could have put a fuel cell-style tank in there to save space.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did anyone notice this???

1Main fuel tank capacity is 25 gallons (94.6 liters) and the auziliary fuel tank capacity is 17 gallons (64.4 liters).

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
yeah, BMW, I did notice that! A misprint, obviously! :leaving:

btw, THANKS for the link - nice preliminary stuff!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
byebmw said:
Did anyone notice this???

1Main fuel tank capacity is 25 gallons (94.6 liters) and the auziliary fuel tank capacity is 17 gallons (64.4 liters).
Now you know what is in those camel humps. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can't be a misprint...Camel humps. Are they actually separate??? Why?

·
Registered
57 Posts
That can't be can it? I own a GMC YukonXL that doesnt carry that much on-board fuel? 42 gallons would allow you to travel a long, long ways down the road....and with no space for personal belongings...would make for a long day's drive. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Now you know why the trunk is so small. :brentil: Unless the mpg is that bad, I would gladly give up the auxillary tank for golf club storage. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Notice the power trunk release with button in glove box. Should relieve all the concern about operation of the trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PAS22 said:
Anyone seen any option pricing info yet?
No, they have until the cars get loaded on the transporters and have to have the window sticker in the trunk or glove box prior to shipment. Orders will be able to be placed and cars built without the final option prices being set. Been there, experienced that. All we have are original estimates based on intuition and comparison to other GM branded cars of this size and price range. See FAQs or search Edmunds.com and compare similar options.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
byebmw said:
Can't be a misprint...Camel humps. Are they actually separate??? Why?
Of course it's a misprint. I think I caught two others, but have to check to remember them. That amount of fuel would be ridiculous in a car this size - besides, there's no physical place to put it. The FUGTMPL has barely enough for 13-18 gallons, (more like 13, like the capacity says, and dependent on the sender/pump etc.).

I noticed the decent turning radius - at least it's not like the old Saturn S-series. Maybe a touch tighter than the S2000 or a Cavalier.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I just finished some searching through the pdf books on all the gm products that are accesible from the site at the top of this thread. Don't even know if we're supposed to be able to get that far but I cross referenced all the colors by touch-up code and here is what I found:

25U Deep is same dark blue on Bonneville
38U Envious appears to be new but will be shared on 2006 G6
41U Mysterious - same black everywhere, Sunfire, SSR, etc, etc
42U Sly - same as Silver Smoke on Caddy CTS
50U Pure - same white as Sunfire
67U Cool - same silver on SSR, G6
74U Aggressive - same red as Sunfire and new Corvette, also Monte Carlo

·
Registered
66 Posts
solsticeman said:
I noticed the decent turning radius - at least it's not like the old Saturn S-series. Maybe a touch tighter than the S2000 or a Cavalier.
I never had a turn radius problem with my S-series. I just used the parking brake! :devil:

I think the names for the colors are a little cheesy. "Sly"? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
achieftain said:
No, they have until the cars get loaded on the transporters and have to have the window sticker in the trunk or glove box prior to shipment. Orders will be able to be placed and cars built without the final option prices being set. Been there, experienced that. All we have are original estimates based on intuition and comparison to other GM branded cars of this size and price range. See FAQs or search Edmunds.com and compare similar options.

Thanks for the heads up. I assume that everything, package groups, etc. except maybe the Pemium group with the leather seats might be slightly less, considering only two seats to cover and no power adjustment included.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts