Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you all have already answered these questions, but I haven't seen those threads yet in my limited time here.

I really love this car and want one ASAP. Should I go ahead and try to order one now or wait until 2006? What's the current backlog? If I order one now, I'm probably going to be waiting until Spring of 2006 anyway, correct?

Should I wait until the Turbo comes out next year? Or should I start trying to pre-order the Turbo now? Is that even possible?

Any definite word on a hard-top yet?

Thanks,
ajkelly

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
if you want one asap, buy off ebay or another source. if you want to get one from a dealership, place your order now. you won't get one until 2006 anyway. some have been waiting 3 years to get one --- and we're still waiting so don't get discouraged. your wait won't be as long as ours...or will it? :skep: no official word on the turbo, probably won't come until until cy 2007.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You could always do what I'm doing, getting an 06 model and then buying a Turbo next summer.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
You would not be able to pre-order a turbo since the rpo for that option is not out yet. You could order an unspecified as far as options car from a particular point in your dealer's future allocations because there will be a very long time until final spec's on your car would have to be set in stone. By the time your spot needs fleshed out you may know more about what options are available at that time. But you will have your place in line.

·
Registered
49 Posts
07 order

I was told by my dealer on one of the rare return calls I have gotten from them that I could not order a 07 until Feb-March 07. Hopefully I will have an 06 by then and will know if it fits me ok.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to try and pre-order a Turbo. Any of you dealers out there know when the Turbo will be available, or when we can officially pre-order?

Those of you who are already driving a Soltice, how is the acceleration? The stats that I've read seem a little anemic, hence my desire for the Turbo. But with gas going above $3/gallon, maybe I'll be happy that I have a little in-line 4 cylinder. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mceb said:
See if you can talk your dealer into starting a separate list for the turbo. You'd be #1 then when it comes available.
Have any of you out there tried this?

Also, because of the allocation process, should I try this at the city dealership or here at my small town dealership? Wouldn't the city dealership be able to get more Solstices delivered faster? (If I understand this whole allocation process anyway. Small Dealer - help me out here.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts