Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popping in for a quick second.

A big batch of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, around the first 100 or so, took a big step in the process on August 9th. They were invoiced (billed) to dealers. This means that the dealers should find the invoice in their mail boxes today.

What this means to you: On the invoice will be the estimated expiration of transit time or "EXP I/T" in the upper right section of the invoice document. This is when GM estimates , as in guesses, hopes, or "what ever it dosen't matter if it is there because they dealer starts paying interest on the car then anyway".

Now this dosen't mean that any of them have been shipped, but it is an important step and gives the first hard date to look for.

Oh, and I hope I am not giving away any GM secrets, but here is a prototype web site GM is testing for people to check up on their orders while they work their way through the system. It is small but you will get the idea. I loaded it with one of our Solstice order numbers, so you can watch the progress.

GM Order Status SIte (Early Test Version)

·
Registered
179 Posts
it's just all i can say

:agree: :glol: :glol: :glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would rather watch paint dry........................

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
SunSports said:
I would rather watch paint dry........................
or rust grow on my old car waiting on my solstice!!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I hope GM has a sense of humor SD. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the update SD :)

Do these invoices come to dealers in e-mail or snail mail form?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Just popping in for a quick second.

A big batch of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices, around the first 100 or so, took a big step in the process on August 9th. They were invoiced (billed) to dealers. This means that the dealers should find the invoice in their mail boxes today.

What this means to you: On the invoice will be the estimated expiration of transit time or "EXP I/T" in the upper right section of the invoice document. This is when GM estimates , as in guesses, hopes, or "what ever it dosen't matter if it is there because they dealer starts paying interest on the car then anyway".

Now this dosen't mean that any of them have been shipped, but it is an important step and gives the first hard date to look for.

Oh, and I hope I am not giving away any GM secrets, but here is a prototype web site GM is testing for people to check up on their orders while they work their way through the system. It is small but you will get the idea. I loaded it with one of our Solstice order numbers, so you can watch the progress.

GM Order Status SIte (Early Test Version)
Smalldealer, you need to get some customers into your store....way too much time on your hands.:glol:

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
debz said:
What the heck is a "zero zip order"? I ordered my sly on 6/15 and hope to see it by Oct. or Nov. Thanks for all the great info.

At the rate that GM has been making the car you probably won't see it untill next year. GM had over 7000 orders by 4-24-06. I think that was the count anybody can correct me if I'm wrong. A zero zip is a priority order to the states that could not get their orders thru because the zip code started with 0, Each dealer got only one car they could put through as priority and we should see our cars around the same time the last 1000 get theirs.If you look at the vin list you could see about how many have been made since July.

Zero/Zip ct.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
deluke said:
At the rate that GM has been making the car you probably won't see it untill next year. GM had over 7000 orders by 4-24-06. I think that was the count anybody can correct me if I'm wrong. A zero zip is a priority order to the states that could not get their orders thru because the zip code started with 0, Each dealer got only one car they could put through as priority and we should see our cars around the same time the last 1000 get theirs.If you look at the vin list you could see about how many have been made since July.

Zero/Zip ct.

ah but once again we play the dealer allocation game again..which is unfortunate....excluding the 1000 EOP, Z Zippers, and Free Maintenace cars....how many of the 7K were actually sitting in dealer allocation pools in VOMS pending the first 4 month allocation.....Im more interested in when the none EOP orders will start seeing a VIN number......we know the first 1000 are being produced...would estimate they have done what...250 to 300 now....perhaps....think I saw in a thread they were moving to producing a 100 a week, now.....so uuuuummmmm end of Sept they should start producing the non EOP cars.....thoughts?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
PAO said:
ah but once again we play the dealer allocation game again..which is unfortunate....excluding the 1000 EOP, Z Zippers, and Free Maintenace cars....how many of the 7K were actually sitting in dealer allocation pools in VOMS pending the first 4 month allocation.....Im more interested in when the none EOP orders will start seeing a VIN number......we know the first 1000 are being produced...would estimate they have done what...250 to 300 now....perhaps....think I saw in a thread they were moving to producing a 100 a week, now.....so uuuuummmmm end of Sept they should start producing the non EOP cars.....thoughts?

Ya, I think they produced around 250 to 300 so far but if you see small dealers recent post they invoiced 100 on 8-9-05 but they haven't been shipped yet. Now, they stared making the cars the 2nd week of july, you do the math. They said it could take awhile to get up to full production. I also read a post that they said that there are 165 zero zip and free maint. orders. they have 700 to 750 first thousand and 165 priority at 100 cars a week. then you have the reg. allocation.so thats around 900 cars at 100 a week at the rate the're doing now. Thats 9 weeks plus another couple weeks or more to invoice and ship.So us zero zippers won't get ours untill the end of Oct., Now they have to make reg allocation invoice, ship. So if your order got Pulled by GM already you might see your car in Nov.

Zero/zipper CT.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Remember everyone, the cars are still on schedule if the arrive within 8 weeks after build date and not late in Pontiac's eyes. My dealership doesn't expect to me to see my Solstice until September 16 or later. I have a build date of 8/5 too!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Small Dealer, that was :glol: :glol: Thanks for the insite, I have another reason now to call my dealer and bug him!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
so thats around 900 cars at 100 a week at the rate the're doing now. Thats 9 weeks plus another couple weeks or more to invoice and ship.So us zero zippers won't get ours untill the end of Oct., Now they have to make reg allocation invoice, ship. So if your order got Pulled by GM already you might see your car in Nov.
QUOTE]

Keep in mind folks that production is ramping up.

Reports of production rates that we recieved go something like this:
Production Week 1 - twenty something cars produced
Production Week 2 - seventy something cars produced
Production Week 3 - eighty something cars produced
Production Week 4 - around 100 cars produced

There is no reason to think that Weeks 5 & up won't continue to see increases in production rate. Its all a guess as to how fast it will happen, but for demonstration purposes, lets say they increase production by twenty more cars per week. The schedule would look something like this:

Week --------------------------- Cumulative Total - Cars Produced
Jul 11-15----------------------------- 20
Jul 18-22 ---------------------------- 90
Jul 25-29 ---------------------------- 170
Aug 1-5 ----------------------------- 270
Aug 7-12 ---------------------------- 390
Aug 15-19 --------------------------- 530
Aug 22-26 --------------------------- 690
Aug 29 - Sep 2 ---------------------- 870
Sep 6-9 (Labor Day holiday) --------- 1030 (finish First 1k, start ZZ & Free Maint)
Sep 12-16 -------------------------- Finish ZZ & Free Maint, start Regular Allocation

Based on this simple model, the First 1000 should be produced not much later than Labor Day. Add another week for Zero Zip & Free Maintenance Orders, and they should be starting production of regular allocation by mid-September.

Now we haven't seen any deliveries yet, but to our knowledge, the first shipments of First 1000 cars should have went out last wednesday. So it takes at least a week. Previous posts by Smaller Dealer predicted 2 to 3 weeks. So lets say its 3 weeks max. That would mean all First 1000 would be delivered by end of Sep. Zero Zip and free maintenance deliveries would be end of Sep/first week of Oct. Deliveries of Regular Allocation commence around the first or second week of Oct.

Thanks for playing, please try again later!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts