Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my car back in July, put my deposit down and everyting. The Sales manager of the dealership took our order personnally. Every two to three weeks I either call or stop by and ask about the progress of my order. As of last tuesday my car has not even been manufactured I don't even have a VIN. I am told by the dealer it is in "phase two" of the process. GM has accepted the manufacture order but has not began building it. The real aggravating part is that he says there is no way to find out when the car will be built and even give me a real estimated time of arrival. I have to make a lot of preperations to get ready to buy this car and I can't do anything until I have some sort of idea when the car will get here. At this point I don't know if the car will be here before the end of the year. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Is there any where else I can go to more information?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
cane: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I sincerely hope I am wrong about this. But you have been on the forum since July, I hope you have been reading the various threads. You probably realize that most of us placed our orders April 15, 2005, if not sooner (those earlier orders were just wish orders at the time).

Pontiac sold the first 1000 Solstice vehicles in 41 minutes. For the rest of that day and the following 9 days, they sold another 7000 or more. Their entire 2006 model year was sold out by the end of April, probably. You are most likely going to be lucky to get a 2007. I wish you luck.

There are opportunities to pick up one that has been refused for one reason or another. How to do that, I do not know. There are some offerings on eBay, but be careful with upfront money on those. Read various threads on this forum and you might come across some good leads.

Take care, my friend, and may you be blessed with a beautiful 2006 Pontiac Solstice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also in Texas , my dealer called me yesterday and told me to expect VIN# 827 today or tomorow, I sure hope he's right.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Great news, BOBO1424. Probably was on the same train as mine from Lordstown. My dealer told me 10/10 that the train made it to Carrollton. I would bet the next stop is Waco!

Keep me informed!

PS: The great lac of respect did me a great favor telling me the car had left Lordstown, days before my dealer knew about it! Thanks, lac of respect. You got MY respect!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
cane12548 said:
I ordered my car back in July, put my deposit down and everyting. The Sales manager of the dealership took our order personnally. Every two to three weeks I either call or stop by and ask about the progress of my order. As of last tuesday my car has not even been manufactured I don't even have a VIN. I am told by the dealer it is in "phase two" of the process. GM has accepted the manufacture order but has not began building it. The real aggravating part is that he says there is no way to find out when the car will be built and even give me a real estimated time of arrival. I have to make a lot of preperations to get ready to buy this car and I can't do anything until I have some sort of idea when the car will get here. At this point I don't know if the car will be here before the end of the year. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Is there any where else I can go to more information?
This is very normal for this car !!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
cane: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I sincerely hope I am wrong about this. But you have been on the forum since July, I hope you have been reading the various threads. You probably realize that most of us placed our orders April 15, 2005, if not sooner (those earlier orders were just wish orders at the time).

Pontiac sold the first 1000 Solstice vehicles in 41 minutes. For the rest of that day and the following 9 days, they sold another 7000 or more. Their entire 2006 model year was sold out by the end of April, probably. You are most likely going to be lucky to get a 2007. I wish you luck.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't there been people that ordered in June/July and their cars are currently being produced? Isn't it based on dealership allocations, not necessarily when the order was placed? It's all kind of confusing if you ask me. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Waiting is part of the game right now. Orders from April are still being made/delivered so could be couple more months for you. Could depend on several factors as others have said but yours seems like it's not up yet.

Dealer can look up in their "VOMS" system to get latest "event codes" which could give you idea how close you are. Not exact but it's something.

Sales FAQ: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

·
Registered
292 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Gizmo,
There have been several on this forum that ordered after April and have recieved or expect to recieve their Solstices before the end of the year. Also I don't think the 2006 model year ends 12-31-05. ;) JMHO

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I have read of several people ordering later and getting their Sols into production. I would bet a "small" sum of money that most, if not all, were just lucky to get into that dealer's allocation. As I said, the poster might get lucky, but with the lack of progress on his, it looks gloomy.

Sydney said: "Also I don't think the 2006 model year ends 12-31-05." I did not say that, did I?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Sydney said:
Also I don't think the 2006 model year ends 12-31-05. ;) JMHO
Actually, more realisitcally, the 2006 model year won't end until June or July of 2006 (hence the number 2006 for a model year), when most GM plants get shut down for the typical model year change-over. There can be instances when this trend is not followed, but I haven't heard any rumors or reasons why GM would do a model year switch over earlier than normal on the Solstice for the 2007 model. JMHO.

·
Registered
292 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I have read of several people ordering later and getting their Sols into production. I would bet a "small" sum of money that most, if not all, were just lucky to get into that dealer's allocation. As I said, the poster might get lucky, but with the lack of progress on his, it looks gloomy.
Exactly. So with out knowing where he stands as far as "allocation" why paint sush a pessamistic picture for him. Lack of information from a dealer hasn't meant much so far. Heck, the dealers haven't even been given their next 4 month allocation yet. :cool:

My point about the 2006 MY was I don't think it was sold out by the end of April. :willy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frustrations

cane12548 said:
ALL I KNOW IS EACH DEALER GETS AN ALLOCATION EACH MONT,FROM THAT ALLOCATION THE DEALER HAS THE OPPURTUNITY TO PLACE WHOEVER'S ORDER NEXT...NOT A WHOLE LOT OF INFO,BUT IT'S WHAT I KNOW..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sydney said:
Exactly. So with out knowing where he stands as far as "allocation" why paint sush a pessamistic picture for him. Lack of information from a dealer hasn't meant much so far. Heck, the dealers haven't even been given their next 4 month allocation yet. :cool:

My point about the 2006 MY was I don't think it was sold out by the end of April. :willy:
:agree:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my dealer said he had an allocation of three solstices for his lot. I Supposedly have the second one. The first one on his list was obtained by a girl from the promotion they did on the Apprentice. Her's has been built but has not been shipped yet for what ever reason.

·
2,574 Posts
cane12548 said:
my dealer said he had an allocation of three solstices for his lot. I Supposedly have the second one. The first one on his list was obtained by a girl from the promotion they did on the Apprentice. Her's has been built but has not been shipped yet for what ever reason.
You have a good chance of getting a car fairly soon if you are the second car in the dealer's first allocation, but it's a crap shoot to try to pin it down much further. Sometime this winter is realistic in my opinion. Just make the best plans you can. The car's worth the trouble and you may have gotten lucky by finding a dealer with room in his first allocation as late as you did. Tune in, see other people's situations, and count your blessings. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts