Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member just joined today, but I have been following the forum for quite some time. I just wanted to write to see if anyone is in the boat as I am. I have requested information from G.M. about the Solstice, brochures, pamphlets, ordering information, anything i can use. But I have received no reply back from them.

I am at a disadvantage as I am currently overseas working in Germany for the government. AAFES (Army Airforce Exchange Service) sells new GM vehicles to service members and civilians. They keep telling me that they are waiting on word from GM as to when they can start taking orders for new Solstices, but have not heard anything from GM. Why the foot dragging? Is anybody else out there in the same situation as I? I would like to be one of the first persons in Europe to be driving one, but it seems that the authorized GM sales dealer over here, wont even take a pre-order.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think one person was considering buying it state-side and having it shipped over, hopefully he'll respond.

Where are you in Germany btw? I was at Bad Aibling for 3 years.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is one member from RAF Lakenheath. He's been posting for sometime and IRC, has one on order. From what I've understood, there were no EOP orders allocated for our brothers in arms serving outside the US. But from what the Lakenheath guy said, there are some allocated for the future. I'm sure he'll pick this up.... Good luck!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Don't know if this is the same person putrfixr was thinking of, but forum member Frosty is oversees, serving in the UK I believe. From what I remember of his posts, he has a first allocation Solstice on order. You may try to pm him and get the details on how he accomplished this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts