Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone gotten anything from Norm lately? I ordered some fenders and a 430 bumper awhile ago and haven't had any news recently. I understand the fire put a serious hitch in his operation and I can be patient, but I need to paint the bulk of my car - tired of looking at primer - and I'd rather shoot everything at the same time.

But, if it's going to take another six months, I'll move forward and paint what I have now. Anyone?

(I was hesitant to ask as I don't want to give the impression that I'm unhappy with Norm - he seems like a great guy, just in a difficult spot - but I don't feel like his delivery estimates are realistic.)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He shipped my fenders to DDM a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting on my hood. Both were ordered at the Arkansas NASSM. He got behinder than normal due to the fire. Call him.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've called him a few times - always answers, always working, and you have to admire that. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it - just seeing if products were making it out of the door - and, apparently, the are. That's all I really needed to know, but I'll check in. As long as the queue is moving, I'm good.

In his defense, I changed my order a few months in after I managed to fix the quarter-panel damage, after confirming that he hadn't started making the quarters I'd previously ordered. (The molds were damaged in the fire, and he had "just finished repairing them," probably for me.) I fully expected to be bumped to the end of the bumper/fender line when that happened.

BUT, I think I'll go ahead and paint the rest of the car. It'll give me time to figure out what I did wrong for when I have to re-do it.

On a slightly-related note: if your significant other ever runs over your watch with a Very Large SUV, the folks in Switzerland will take their merry time fixing it or, more likely, deciding that it's a lost cause. They may have shipped it back via sherpa. I'm not sure which - car parts or watch - will arrive first.

Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hello, not to worry. Ive got the bumper made trimming now, fenders are done will ship both in the same crate. we're getting caught up, though I admit it's a struggle. The fire almost killed me but it's all cleaned up now. Thanks again for your patience Norm

Oh and to add I've shipped 9 items this past week, so we're getting there. Plus I'm making fender extentions similiar to Bunny Rockets for the World of Wheels show early March in Chicago too. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello, not to worry. Ive got the bumper made trimming now, fenders are done will ship both in the same crate. we're getting caught up, though I admit it's a struggle. The fire almost killed me but it's all cleaned up now. Thanks again for your patience Norm
Thanks, Norm.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To all who read this thread:

I did NOT intend to present Norm or his shop in a negative light. He makes amazing, gorgeous stuff - far better than anything out there in terms of build quality and attention to detail. The last thing I want to do is discourage any other potential clients. This is a small community - I certainly didn't want to be the guy that complains incessantly in a public forum until someone shoves a sippy cup in his hand.

Real art takes time. My only remaining concern is that the components are going to make the OTHER parts of my car look like crap by comparison. (Norm, maybe you can charge a little extra for the slightly-less-perfect version?)

TL;DR: I would not hesitate to buy from Norm again - I'm just trying to figure out some logistics. (Also, driving through Wylie, TX with a car that is 1/3 gray primer tends to invite unwelcome attention from the local gestapo. Not fun!)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Norm is awesome.

Will post pics when painting, etc. is done.

THANK YOU NORM.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Norm is awesome.

Will post pics when painting, etc. is done.

THANK YOU NORM.
hello David, not seeing this post before I shipped out your parts. As I couldn't figure out who you where by only the user name plus the shipping address got changed and is different from this profile. Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm
Damn! :thumbs:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wonderful customer service! :)

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello David, not seeing this post before I shipped out your parts. As I couldn't figure out who you where by only the user name plus the shipping address got changed and is different from this profile. Any way you we're so patient that I included a set of side skirts to go along with your previous order at no charge. Thanks again from Norm
You're a good man, Norm. Thanks for everything. If you ever have need of a software or electrical engineer, or just need your lawn mowed, let me know and I'll be there!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
Just talked to Norm & he said that our hood is being made. Which is good since mrs stuck's Sol got nailed in the last hailstorms. :surprise:
Which hood are you getting?

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just talked to Norm & he said that our hood is being made. Which is good since mrs stuck's Sol got nailed in the last hailstorms. :surprise:

Ah, hail. Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
The single scoop.:thumbs:
Awesome. I was the first one to buy one. I originally called it "Norm's Conservative Hood". I love mine and it gives the car a really aggressive look. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts