Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Just to add I ordered a set of fenders from Norm and did not have them painted I was told 4 weeks and got them in 4 weeks so maybe that's the hang up ? My painter was very impressed with the fit and finish of the fenders which in the end saved me some money due to limited prep time and yes I'm extremely happy with them .

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yup. Beautiful Downtown Shady Shores™. ;)
Argh - sorry to hear that. We're in Wylie. There are STILL houses waiting on new roofs, etc. from the April 11 apocalypse last year. We had softball-sized chunks of ice on the kitchen floor. (They did NOT come through a window.)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Argh - sorry to hear that. We're in Wylie. There are STILL houses waiting on new roofs, etc. from the April 11 apocalypse last year. We had softball-sized chunks of ice on the kitchen floor. (They did NOT come through a window.)
Ouch. We had ours inspected and, yup, we're gonna need a new roof. We're looking a Solar City/Tesla for one of their solar roofs. Supposed to come out next month.

We got a cruise up to Paris later this month. Come play.
LINKY

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cruise sounds fun! When my car is back in one piece I'll try and make it to these things.

In the mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update:

Unboxing pics coming. All mounting hardware is there, even handwritten, VERY clear and essential instructions on the parts themselves. Sticky tape pre-installed where necessary(side skirts)...

Never in my life have I handled an aftermarket part (or, indeed, many OEM parts) made with such care, pride and attention to detail. The crate was even more solid than some ikea furniture I've had.

I feel like a jerk for complaining about the wait. Thank you, Norm.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Some pictures: still organizing the others.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Calling it a day. Paint tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Is it just me that the images won't load for? I can see the thumbnails but that's it...

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is it just me that the images won't load for? I can see the thumbnails but that's it...

Some weird combination of being in BFE and mobile uploads. I'll fix it later.

·
Super Moderator
16,043 Posts
Calling it a day. Paint tomorrow!
Looking good. I am looking forward to seeing it painted and all together. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I should start a thread for this car. And scrub the VIN from the pics.

Which I will do tomorrow. The relevant point for future readers / archival purposes (don't laugh - how many of us have found valuable data in 10 year old threads?) is:

Norm's product is beyond reproach.

That doesn't mean anybody should expect to pull a part out of the crate, shoot it with a rattle can and be done. Low-volume, custom, HAND-MADE parts are hard enough, and even the OEM parts have some variance. But, these were as close to perfect as one could expect.

I'm impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
For those that are interested:

The gap between the bumper and the hood is a problem with the hood (RK Sport), not Norm's pieces. (Took a LONG time to figure that out that the hood is not symmetrical.)

Side skirts not pictured - ran out of time and paint, planning on doing them next.

I'm very happy with the result, though there's still a lot of work to do.

For more news about this car - since this thread is called "Ordering from " (awesome) "Norm's", see my car thread.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts