Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some members are reporting their dealers are inputting orders into GM system (without pricing which seems kind of strange).

To our dealer members, what's up...is ordering open now? Is this some sort of grab a place in the GM order line ?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Some members are reporting their dealers are inputting orders into GM system (without pricing which seems kind of strange).

To our dealer members, what's up...is ordering open now? Is this some sort of grab a place in the GM order line ?
WHEN ordering opens, and I don't think it has yet, orders will be placed probably without prices. That's the way it was in 1996 when I ordered my 97 GTP, it was the first few days of ordering ability and there were no prices yet.

I think, and I hope to be proven wrong, that it's a case of dealers actually writing up a firm order from customer with deposit taken.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Ordering without prices sounds like the official pre-order system might be in place now that some dealers have mentioned. I've talked to two and they said they couldn't take pre-orders till the GM system they used permited it. Once the prices and full options are available then you can place a real order.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Orders are not being accepted by GM at this time. I've tried to submit them but it comes back with an error message that says:

SPECS returned order as invalid
N/A AT THIS TIME
Unable to add preliminary order
N/A AT THIS TIME

Also, I'd expect to be able to order without knowing the prices. On a new vehicle launch, we usually order before they release prices. I've had vehicles on the lot before and STILL no prices had been released, so I couldn't sell them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:agree:
There has not been a concensus yet for the Solstice. After the first concensus a dealer will have a better idea what their first allocation will be like. No official word, I think it will be next month.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm betting consensus will be next month too. I hope I get one..or ten! It is already sold!!

Edit: Just talked to my Area Rep. He says consensus won't be until May, and production won't start until June. I asked for his source and he said the Pontiac Marketing Manager

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
eatoninside said:
I'm betting consensus will be next month too. I hope I get one..or ten! It is already sold!!

Edit: Just talked to my Area Rep. He says consensus won't be until May, and production won't start until June. I asked for his source and he said the Pontiac Marketing Manager
Ouch. Now if that's true that really sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
Remember I said the Marketing guys will not let a specific day go by. Well June 21st Summer Solstice, we have talked about this before.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Remember I said the Marketing guys will not let a specific day go by. Well June 21st Summer Solstice, we have talked about this before.
Problem is if production starts in June, I'm betting we wont get it till July at the earliest then. :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
GM has not put anything on our ordering site as of yesterday 16 Feb 05. Here at Perry Pontiac we tried when we saw Bob Lutz offical price announcement come through.hopefully ordering comes soon

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
perrypontiac said:
GM has not put anything on our ordering site as of yesterday 16 Feb 05. Here at Perry Pontiac we tried when we saw Bob Lutz offical price announcement come through.hopefully ordering comes soon
Welcome to the forum perrypontiac. And thanks for setting us straight on the order window. It is still closed as some suspected.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In a way, I kinda hope it takes a long time. The longer they wait, the more time I have to scratch up some downpayment. My chances of getting any new car this year is questionable. But you know how it is... I just gotta be the first kid on my block to get a Solstice! :willy:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
gtwhite said:
My guy at Pontiac says production in May, in showrooms in June
Thanks for the info! That has been the information we have seen the most, is a start to production in May with dealer deliveries in June. That is my hope!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Cheever3000 said:
In a way, I kinda hope it takes a long time. The longer they wait, the more time I have to scratch up some downpayment. My chances of getting any new car this year is questionable. But you know how it is... I just gotta be the first kid on my block to get a Solstice! :willy:
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Bought a new house and got married. So I == broke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts