Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
odering question

I paid a dealer $500 for a "place in line" to order a Solstice, not to actually order. Is this common practice?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
riszard said:
I paid a dealer $500 for a "place in line" to order a Solstice, not to actually order. Is this common practice?
What you paid for better be a deposit - which gets you a place in line.

Assuming your dealer has more orders than allocations, he can't order you a car and tell you when to expect it (he can put your order in - but probably wouldn't be 'preferenced' for months)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same question, but with spelling correction. But "odering" (odoring) may be appropriate, as I wonder if putting $500 down for "a place in line" to order a Solstice seems a little fishy, or is this a regular way of doing business? Also, is there a way to edit a post or thread to correct spellinG, or whatever?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
riszard said:
Also, is there a way to edit a post or thread to correct spellinG, or whatever?
As the originator of the post, you should have editing priviledges. If you look at the individual posting you want to edit, there should be an extra icon that says "Edit" in the lower right hand corner for your posts (next to the Quote and reply icons". If you click that icon, an edit screen will open. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
riszard said:
Same question, but with spelling correction. But "odering" (odoring) may be appropriate, as I wonder if putting $500 down for "a place in line" to order a Solstice seems a little fishy, or is this a regular way of doing business? Also, is there a way to edit a post or thread to correct spellinG, or whatever?
Yep, go to edit and it brings up the post, then save change. I do it all the time, my typing is terrible.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
As the originator of the post, you should have editing priviledges. If you look at the individual posting you want to edit, there should be an extra icon that says "Edit" in the lower right hand corner for your posts (next to the Quote and reply icons". If you click that icon, an edit screen will open. :)

Dengel bet your car is made by the end of the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.