Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've been a lurker on the board for a while listening to everything - but just wanted to clarify ordering procedure/requirements.

if i go into the dealer tomorrow and said i want to order a sol, what is the minimum requirement on my part? downpayments? signing papers? i did a search but can't find anything specifically answering this. I'm in canada (toronto) if it matters. i just dont want to go into the dealer and get jerked around, i like to know what the rules/requirements are before hand.

thanks,

- James

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer didn't need any money down (as long as I wasn't ordering anything weird (e.g., no AC in Phoenix)).

Their thought seems to be that if I backed out they wouldn't have any trouble selling the car. Maybe their tune will change when it comes time to actually build the thing (hopefully later this year!).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I purchased my Sol April 30th and still have no idea when I will get the car. Patience is a virtue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I gave up a $1000 deposit, but had the dealer put it in writing that I could back out at any time and get my money back. Of course, I know that's not going to happen now. But back in May, putting money on a car I hadn't seen/touched/driven was a scary proposition...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I gave my dealer a $500 check and told them exactly how I wanted the car built. They entered it into the VOM system exactly like I wanted it. Now, I'll just have to wait till who knows when to get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts