Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thread for people to post more questions for Oregon Solstice in case he gets to talk to anyone else...

1) Where is the front license plate?
2) what is the 3rd cupholder made of?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good idea, I have a ton of questions about future models that I don't think they can answer yet (HO Solstice, new colors, new options, new interior colors, etc), but maybe they could comment on this one??

4) Why did they change the climate control knobs from brushed steel to black? Aesthetics, Readability, Vendor related change, focus groups, or other?

I'm just curious because I sense a lot of people on this forum prefered the burshed steel.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1) Ask about the wheels and if they know that 17" rims will fit or not. Maybe get a number direct from them about the offset of the wheels.

2) Ask about when crash test result will be released. I would think that the final test would have to be completed by now or at least soon. Maybe they would even comment on how the Sol faired in the test.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
:agree:

1. Plus, Reinforce the bolt circle dimensions.
2. How soon are the mud flaps, tonneau cover and ... going to be available?

Thanks for all of your great information!!!

Take care-Steve

:willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
1. How soon will regular allocation get some word as to when we'll get our cars?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
since there is no leather problem, can she put my order back into the system ahead of the one that replaced my first dealer slot in the first allocation?

·
Registered
185 Posts
2091351 said:
2. How soon are the mud flaps, tonneau cover and ... going to be available?
Ohhh, that reminds me that I forgot my other question. If you get a chance, maybe ask them if they have to introduce later this year or next a removable (emphasis on removable) trunk luggage rack accesssory???

Thanks Oregon -- and btw, even thanks for all of your posts and information you already shared with us.

AJ

·
Registered
179 Posts
Financing info

I'd like to know if there will be any special financing offered, when crash test info will be availiable, warranty infomation on the top, and real mpg is.
(Sorry if I've missed these somewhere)

And thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
381 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
1) Ask about the wheels and if they know that 17" rims will fit or not.
I have no doubt that 17s will fit. The rotor dimensions are very close to the dimensions of the rotors on my 1993 Z28, and it came with 16s. The Baer upgrade that I bought for my 1966 Malibu has 13" front & 12" rear rotors and requires 17s.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Um, how about wheres my damn solstice? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Besides the three SPO accessories being shown (wheels, mud flaps, and tonneau) what accessories/performance parts are going to be available at time of delivery, and what other items are you gusy working on that you can talk about?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
I'd like to know if there will be any special financing offered, when crash test info will be availiable, warranty infomation on the top, and real mpg is.
(Sorry if I've missed these somewhere)

And thanks for all the info!
3 yr 36000 standard bumper to bumper has not been disputed yet, that would include the top.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Interior

Oregon:
If you have your camera,
I would like to see pictures of the cloth interior including
the surrounding dash and door panels.
Would like to see a picture of the painted rims to compare
to the polished rims.

Thanx

·
Registered
350 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
I have no doubt that 17s will fit. The rotor dimensions are very close to the dimensions of the rotors on my 1993 Z28, and it came with 16s. The Baer upgrade that I bought for my 1966 Malibu has 13" front & 12" rear rotors and requires 17s.

I don't doubt that they will fit on, but I wonder if during the travel of the wheel (turned or shocks compressed etc) if anything will hit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
1) Ask about the wheels and if they know that 17" rims will fit or not. Maybe get a number direct from them about the offset of the wheels.

i don't doubt that they will fit, but why on earth would you want to switch a set of 18" for a set of 17" rims. even if they were aftermarket rims they would not look as good as 18's :crazy:

·
Registered
350 Posts
jester316 said:
i don't doubt that they will fit, but why on earth would you want to switch a set of 18" for a set of 17" rims. even if they were aftermarket rims they would not look as good as 18's :crazy:
It isn't simply about looks. This will be my SOLe car and I would like to get snow tires and the selection is quite poor at the OEM size. Plus, I believe that it is better for snow traction with narrower tires. Some might disagree with this, but I don't think that I will get into that especially on this thread.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
There was also much discussion on another thread about 17" rims giving better performance for some reason ... that bigger rims are better to a certain extent, but after a certain point, performance starts to decrease and it's just for looks. I'm not very familiar with that discussion, but you might want to do some searching if it interests you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
solsticeman said:
Thread for people to post more questions for Oregon Solstice in case he gets to talk to anyone else...

1) Where is the front license plate?
2) what is the 3rd cupholder made of?
The front license license plate is going to be in the center of the grille. To low and it would impact air flow to the engine. There is a bracket that will attach to the front grill - no drilling! The third cup holder is Magnesium it used to be plastic but was not strong enough. This information comes straight from Steve Padilla (Vehicle Dynamics Performance Engineer). As does the rest of your answers to our list of questions. I can't believe he did'nt run when I broke out the list. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
414 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Good idea, I have a ton of questions about future models that I don't think they can answer yet (HO Solstice, new colors, new options, new interior colors, etc), but maybe they could comment on this one??

4) Why did they change the climate control knobs from brushed steel to black? Aesthetics, Readability, Vendor related change, focus groups, or other?

I'm just curious because I sense a lot of people on this forum prefered the burshed steel.
The knobs I'm told were changed only for asthetic reasons.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.