Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what came stock on the 2007 Base model? Was it Goodyear Eagle RS-A?

Thanks, Merle

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
Welcome to the forum
The factory tires on the base cars was notorious for having poor performance in wet conditions

·
Administrator
9,711 Posts
Does anyone know what came stock on the 2007 Base model? Was it Goodyear Eagle RS-A?

Thanks, Merle
Yes, it was. Fun tire in the dry, but a little scary in the wet.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Unless you're into total originality I would not waste my money on these as other members have said they are not all that great especially since there are so many better options out there . Welcome and good luck with the car.!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Don't replace with stock!! There are many much better performing tires available.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Danger Will Robinson!!! Danger Will Robinson!!!

Original owner of my first GXP swapped these tires onto the car for the original F1s when he realized they were coming to repo the car from him. This was absolutely the worst performing tire I have ever driven on. With 3k miles on them I almost slammed into a semi when the tires wouldn't hold coming off a highway off ramp in the rain.

Replaced them with cheap NEXEN high performance tires at Walmart that had 10x performance.

Also had Goodyear Wranglers on my 1998 Jeep Wrangler and they were very dangerous in the rain too.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I agree with everyone that says the original tires were sub par and downright deadly in the wet. MANY others including myself have put new tires on the car that far exceed the originals and actually allow the car to stay on the road. (kind of important)

Don't get the stock tires. There is a reason the previous owner changed out the tires, a very good one.

Reactions: Sting Ya

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I agree, steer clear of the OEM tires. Search the forum for recommendations on tires to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts