Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are the second owner which we bought at a dealer is it possible to get the original window sticker that our car may have come with from GM or is it gone for good with Pontiac M D. This was originally bought in the USA, Chicago area.
Anybody know?

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I know you can buy window stickers for classic cars but not sure if you can get new style with information on your car. Do a search and see if it's available.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I searched a little and the sticker is called a monroney label. The manufacture puts these on the car and I understand it is against the law to duplicate??? There was a suggestion to try the dealer, if you know who it is, and they may have a copy of the sticker. I saw where you can have stickers reproduced for older vehicles but the ones I found ended in the 90's. This information was after a shrt search so maybe you can find more. Good Luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It was either on this Forum or the Sky one. Someone was able to get window stickers for a large number of the cars. Maybe some will remember who that was or they may still be around. I think they got this information when the plant was closed. I have never heard that it was against any law to duplicate them, but the manufacture is the only one that had them. The Dealer will not be able to help as far as I know. I have mine in a drawer in my desk with all the maintenance records and anything I have added to the car (receipts) . In case I should decide to sell someday or just pass it along to a Grandson or Granddaughter.
You might try here. Stolen from Slybob on a post last year.http://www.phs-online.com/window sticker order.htm

·
Registered
236 Posts
It was either on this Forum or the Sky one. Someone was able to get window stickers for a large number of the cars. Maybe some will remember who that was or they may still be around. I think they got this information when the plant was closed. I have never heard that it was against any law to duplicate them, but the manufacture is the only one that had them. The Dealer will not be able to help as far as I know. I have mine in a drawer in my desk with all the maintenance records and anything I have added to the car (receipts) . In case I should decide to sell someday or just pass it along to a Grandson or Granddaughter.
You might try here. Stolen from Slybob on a post last year.PHS Automotive Services, Inc.
The only post I can remember is this one concerning the "build manifest".

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/original-build-manifest-66779/

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I shall begin the daunting task!

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
Is not the window sticker but if you go to the parts department at a GM dealer they can print out all the options that came with the car.
All you do is give them the VIN# with proof is your car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Since we are the second owner which we bought at a dealer is it possible to get the original window sticker that our car may have come with from GM or is it gone for good with Pontiac M D. This was originally bought in the USA, Chicago area.
Anybody know?
I would suggest consulting a dealership about this issue. They should be able to answer this and address other concerns. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with us. I hope you're enjoying your Solstice and have a good weekend!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So I decided to go thru the GM vintage vehicle services in order to get some hard facts about our car. It's confirmed to be the # 2 solstice for the '08 model year. It is loaded and with these which I think are the most important RPO codes it has....WD0 & WD1. How ever they would not elaborate on these codes. When I check on COMPNINE its looking like possibly # 2 of 4.

How important and what is the significance of these codes? I am wrong in thinking its huge? Th vin is in my sig below.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts