Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
On Time Delivery?

Where/when did you see this that brings you to ask about it?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
yeah, now that I think about it... it's probably 'out the door.' because you know, you always wanna know what a new car is going to cost you 'out the door' (i.e. car + tax, tag, and title) when you're shopping. then again, I guess it could depend on where/when you heard it to determine what it might mean in that specific case... as I said before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe it is out the door. I work for a major auto dealer advertising magazine and you'd think I'd know these things. If I ever see a Solstice advertised I'm there, because I'll see it before it hits the presses. =-)

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is code from GMlinedog to let us know they are out the door and on their way. WOO HOO!

·
Registered
288 Posts
ateam_77 said:
This is code from GMlinedog to let us know they are out the door and on their way. WOO HOO!
Wow, I didn't even realize who posted the question at first!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

Flagg

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Did I mention that we saw several Allied shipping trucks staged on the lot at the plant Thursday when we were scoping it out one last time?

I saw some of your cars the other day. They look great! :thumbs: :cheers: :party:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
How about "On Da Truck"???

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Oops bit dyslexic this morning

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Did anyone else notice the traffic cam wasn't moviing yesterday afternoon?

Was that so we couldn't spy on the comings and goings from the plant////

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My last attempt after some time on Google

Order-To-Delivery (OTD): A philosophy that encompasses both Deliver-To-Order and Build-To-Order and thus takes a holistic view of how Original Equipment Manufacturers can fulfill customer orders.

Kumara is working with General Motors' Enterprise Systems Laboratory to develop an Order to Delivery (OTD) simulator system. As the name implies, the OTD allows users to tell the time it takes between order placement and delivery.

"We collected data on how long it takes to put a car out, how long it takes to get to a dealer, and when customers can get it," Kumara states. He and GM's Jeff Tew included factors such as machine utilization and the time taken to create specific car configurations.

"We made the OTD system Web-based so that many people at GM could access it. Each decision maker needs a different type of data," Kumara says. For example, one person might need to know about machine use, another breakdown statistics.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I don't think he's trying to say they've been shipped yet because the last rumblings I've heard hinted that all of the TPW's of July 18th are the correct start TPW's.

I believe OTD stands for "order-to-delivery." Can't believe none of you asked google. :D

a web site that allows consumers to build, price and locate GM vehicles in inventory.
::EDIT:: Damn you Fortyninenorth, beat me to it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
And I was watching the Open too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
L.M.A.O.
laughing my arse off..... cruel isn't he

1 - 20 of 25 Posts