Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my Bertone (Fiat) X1/9 and am looking at buying a Solstice in the spring of 2006 or later, perhaps a 2006 or even a 2007 model considering that I want more power.

I love the car's look and its philosophy and fuilly expect it to replace all the handling and "topless" fun of my X1/9..at least I hope so.

BUT...I have one concern. There does not seem to be an option to add other gauges (other than the standard speedo/tach/fuel/ etc). My question: is there an option to add water temp/oil pressure/voltage gauges (ot others) that your typical Sports car usually has?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Nagasakee said:
BUT...I have one concern. There does not seem to be an option to add other gauges (other than the standard speedo/tach/fuel/ etc). My question: is there an option to add water temp/oil pressure/voltage gauges (ot others) that your typical Sports car usually has?
The Driver Information Center (DIC) has all the vitals except for fuel level.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Nagasakee said:
I recently sold my Bertone (Fiat) X1/9 and am looking at buying a Solstice in the spring of 2006 or later, perhaps a 2006 or even a 2007 model considering that I want more power.

I love the car's look and its philosophy and fuilly expect it to replace all the handling and "topless" fun of my X1/9..at least I hope so.

Not at this time. Sorry!

·
Registered
527 Posts
There are plenty of aftermarket guages available.

My favorite are the Aeroforcetech guages that I am getting for my GTP. Check them out here: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

They are basically an OBD2 scan tool that can monitor many different sensors on your vehicle, and they fit into a standard aftermarket guage size hole. If there isn't already an A-pillar gauge housing by the time I get my Sky, then I will make and sell them myself.

·
Registered
275 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
There are plenty of aftermarket guages available.

My favorite are the Aeroforcetech guages that I am getting for my GTP. Check them out here: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/

They are basically an OBD2 scan tool that can monitor many different sensors on your vehicle, and they fit into a standard aftermarket guage size hole. If there isn't already an A-pillar gauge housing by the time I get my Sky, then I will make and sell them myself.
i know the guy who designed and made these.... he knows his stuff and these guages are great! i still have to double check with him on the ones hes making for the solstice though. his last project was the cobalt and cobalt ss.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So is the Kappa using the new CAN bus too?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
So is the Kappa using the new CAN bus too?
If the G6 has it, I guess the Solstice will too.

...what does this all mean, Basil?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts