Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every one likes to pick on the trunk space in my 08,
Well at a cruse in this week end got to see the trunk in a prowler.
It's not a trunk at all. Makes our trunk look big. Just sayin.

Love my 08 GXP

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not many folks bought these cars for the available cargo space.

Just sayin'.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I have shocked many people at how much I can fit in my trunk. 50lbs bags of dog food etc... I think most people greatly overestimate how much cargo capacity they ACTUALLY need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For my carshows I can fit 2 fold-up chairs, 2 umbrellas, 1 large trophey, 2 small trophies, 3 plaques, cleaning supplies including windex, armor all, and detailing whipes. And also, some tire shine! Good enough for me :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
As Holly would ask... Who needs a trunk, haulin ass?!?!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
When I go to a show I open the hood and the trunk lid with the top down of course. Topic of conversation always comes around to trunk space. We were able to take a two week trip to the east coast last year and pack everything in the trunk.

LOTS of room! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I've found that by being prepepaired by carrying some plastic visqueen , chargeable cutting saw, and portable camping shovel our trunks our more than adequate to move, transport, and bury the evidence of anyone dumb enough to insult the size of trunk. Failing that; a deck lid luggage rack w/cargo case can hold the rest nicely.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Who buys a sports car for trunk space? If you want trunk space, you should be buying an Impala. I have never understood the fuss about having little to no room in our Solstice's trunk.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I've found that by being prepepaired by carrying some plastic visqueen , chargeable cutting saw, and portable camping shovel our trunks our more than adequate to move, transport, and bury the evidence of anyone dumb enough to insult the size of my trunk has been more than adequate. Failing that; a deck lid luggage rack w/cargo case can hold the rest nicely.
I like your thinking! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is size everything??? Temperatures are on the rise. People’s desires to take those road trips with the windows down, or even the top off during the summer. Some people are fooled into thinking that small cars have no storage space. Apart from looking at car size they are not aware and need to address what to store in their car and how use the space. Stop using it as a mobile storage unit. Downsizing your stuff does not mean giving up your essentials. Carry items you are going to use, and take them out once they have served their purpose.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Making Do

Kind of like small breasted girls - it's not how much you have, it's what you do with it that counts! First I added a KappaRack, old leather suitcase and a few belts.

Then I cut the bottom out of my trunk and enlarged it. (The side pipes allowed me to do this.)

So now I have as much luggage space as the big girls...uh, guys.

·
Registered
431 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts