Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never owned a vert, but always wondered if I could "cooly" :cool: enter one like the sol by either jumping over the door with support of right hand on door/seat top or sitting on door and spinning clockwise until legs clear door and slide down seat. Those of you who saw the car in person, can you give me an idea of how feasible this is and how much damage would occur to car and or me? I am tall, 6'4" and thin and reasonably agile/flexible and the door is low, seems like this slick entre can be done if steering wheel wouldn't get in the way. I guess a third option might be to jump onto the cowling and slide forward and down the seat back. That option might damage the family jewels :willy:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
not feasable unless you are made of rubber and have an 6 inch waist!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Not a good idea anyway. If you mess up, you can damage the car.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Hmmm... Depending on how tall someone is, there might be a way. It's all about the angle of entry.

I think at 6'4", you might hurt the boys and/or dislocate your kneecaps trying such a move. But you never know. If Bo and Luke Duke can slide through the window of the General Lee, you might be able to do a cool Sosltice entry. I would not recommend the Austin Powers method (from the rear). Failure to clear the top of the seatback or the rear hump would be life changing to say the least.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a friend named Steve in high school and college, liked to call himself Stevie Wonder. I invited Steve and a couple friends to the company party at a local park during my summer job at a restaurant. I showed up with my casual date, a cute waitress at the restaurant, driving her British racing green MG with her in the passenger seat. This was probably 1980 or so. When I drove up to show off to my two friends, including Stevie Wonder, he asked if he could take it for a spin. My waitress friend said sure, so I got out for him. He closed the door, backed up, and took a flying leap to hurdle over the door, only to trip over the top of the door and land head first on the floor of the cockpit. Bloodied his nose on the shifter I think, and basically mader a big mess of things. We called him Stevie Blunder ever after.

My advice is don't do it.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Also, first practice just getting your legs in the car. Maybe setup a broom between a couch and a chair at about the height of the door. See if you can get your up feet up and over the broom. This way, if you mess up you land on a nice soft couch.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Zolsol said:
I never owned a vert, but always wondered if I could "cooly" :cool: enter one like the sol by either jumping over the door with support of right hand on door/seat top or sitting on door and spinning clockwise until legs clear door and slide down seat. Those of you who saw the car in person, can you give me an idea of how feasible this is and how much damage would occur to car and or me? I am tall, 6'4" and thin and reasonably agile/flexible and the door is low, seems like this slick entre can be done if steering wheel wouldn't get in the way. I guess a third option might be to jump onto the cowling and slide forward and down the seat back. That option might damage the family jewels :willy:
:glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
763 Posts
ohh but it was on last night..... I LOVE the original, super cheesy. (how off topic is that? I apologize)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
ohh but it was on last night..... I LOVE the original, super cheesy. (how off topic is that? I apologize)
Dude, You don't really apologize. You're just trying to beat my post count!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
seems that was more the point of your post, freeloading freeposter
That was a sincere assessment of the situation. I demand an apology!

·
Registered
994 Posts
<insert gratuitous post whore comment here>

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.