Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Activation

How long does it take for activation of a new member???? and how do i add my personal stuff??????????? new and a duh i guess

·
Registered
871 Posts

I have been able to add all the appropriate information on the new Owner Registry however cannot for some reason get my Avatar to transfer. I have the same Avatar on the Solstice Forum and the Solstice GXP Owners Forum and would like my beautiful frontal shot of the Aggressive GXP to show where it says,"no picture". Can someone tell me how to get it there, or possibly do it. I will be eternally grateful. This is my 474th post on this great forum. Thank you for any help in this matter. GXP's ROCK!!!

Sincerely,
GXPinKC
Moderator, Solstice GXP Owners Forum
See you guys at the 2nd Annual Solstice Meet in Nashville
We will be driving our "Miss Red Eagle" and it will be a blast!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I have been able to add all the appropriate information on the new Owner Registry however cannot for some reason get my Avatar to transfer. I have the same Avatar on the Solstice Forum and the Solstice GXP Owners Forum and would like my beautiful frontal shot of the Aggressive GXP to show where it says,"no picture". Can someone tell me how to get it there, or possibly do it. I will be eternally grateful. This is my 474th post on this great forum. Thank you for any help in this matter. GXP's ROCK!!!
User CP->Edit Owner Registy->Upload Image From Your Computer:

locate an image on your machine you want to upload and select it. If you want to use your avatar you can save it to your local computer and select it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
brentil, how do I go about uploading my Avatar to the computer. How to I save it to my local computer and select it? Can't get it to work. Thanks, GXPinKC

·
Registered
871 Posts
Avatar problem adding to Owner Registry!

I think the size is ok, just don't know how to upload the Avatar to the Owner Registry?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Adding Avatar

Everytime I do it, comes up invalid file. I am puting in "Future Solstice Values" as I selected Avatar in one of my posts on this thread. It won't let me go any further. Any advice for what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Adding Avatar

Brentil, sorry about the problems with adding this avatar, but I have found a thread where my avatar is and clicked it on the right side, in fact I used an avatar on "Future Solstice Values" which I have posted on recently, but can't figure out where "Save picture as" can be found. Therefore I cannot get to the menu that will let me save that image to my local computer. But again, how do you go about saving that image to my computer? Also, what do you mean by file name? If I can ever get to save changes might be ok. I would have thought file name is what comes up in that box that comes up.
May just give up. It shouldn't be this hard to transfer an Avatar that you presently have. It is already shown as your avatar and should transfer quite easily to the Register.
Thanks again for trying to get me through this.
Sincerely,GXPinKC
Ron

·
497 Posts
If you right-click on the picture next to your post above and then select "Save Picture As..." from the menu that pops up (when you right-click) a save file window will open and the name of your avatar (looks like "gxp") will be the default name already filled in for you in the "file name box". Take note of where the file is being saved or click on "Desktop" on the left side of the open save file window that opened. You should then be able to find that same file when you try to save it in the owner registry.

·
Registered
871 Posts
DClocal, thanks a lot for your help. Got it done. Again, appreciate all your help.
Sncerely,
GXPinKC

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just wanted to say hey and that I am soon to be an owner of a 2008 GXP. I was in a car accident on the 19th on July. I was driving a 2003 Nissan 350z Performance Edition. I had the car a little over 3 years and some bastard pulled in front of me and killed my car. Just after I made it in DUB magazine sept issue 07. I had a lot invested in my car and if you like to see it here is the page:
www.cardomain.com/id/daysgoneby
I am a car enthusiast like most of you and I knew I could be in something boring. I saw the solstice and really didn't like it till I heard of the GXP. I had other opprotunties to get into an STI, evo, etc. But I choose this car after the first test drive in a GXP and was like holy @@#@! Was very impressed, as I do race for SCCA. I did notice some of you do as well. And I was totally floored with the info on "SO YOU WANNA RACE" topic. This forum is the far best info on the Solstice and help me also convinced me to get into this car asap! So as soon as my settlement check comes in I will be making a hella down payment. Anyways, I just want to say I can't wait to get back into a domestic that impressed the hell out of me so far. And hope to make some good friends on this forum. Glad to be here.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Click on your User CP, scroll to bottom of screen and under miscellaneous items you should find the Edit Registry button.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi From Toronto Canada

Hi everyone, Just picked up the New wheels last week. I'm in love. I hope that we have a great group here. I used to collect 240Z, but I now have switched to this ride. I own an 06. Just a great tech tip.. If you have some wear on the roof, there is a great product sold in sporting good stores called "Toe gaurd" . It's used on the toe area of skates, does a fabulous job.. all for $7 bucks. Have a great day everyone !!
Rick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, Just picked up the New wheels last week. I'm in love. I hope that we have a great group here. I used to collect 240Z, but I now have switched to this ride. I own an 06. Just a great tech tip.. If you have some wear on the roof, there is a great product sold in sporting good stores called "Toe gaurd" . It's used on the toe area of skates, does a fabulous job.. all for $7 bucks. Have a great day everyone !!
Rick.
Hi Tough, wow, another Rick who got his Sol last week?!

I got a 2006 Aggressive ( red ) last week 5/10. Awesome ride. The Tonneau cover sure gives it a great look, I highly recommend it.

/Rick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello... obviously, I'm a new member and completely lost... just posting to see if this will activate my account.
Cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
New User and can't seem to edit registry to add info and photo??? I'm registered, but not listed in registry list?? I just submitted a couple posts so maybe it will be corrected after they clear ?? Please advise if you can help :(

21 - 40 of 57 Posts