Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Solstice just turned 5000 miles old :) And I must say that it still brings a smile to my face every time I see it and then drive it. I would have to say my over all impression of the Solstice is a positive one, GM did a great job with this not so long ago concept car. The lines are perfect and the handaling even "Stock" is enough to make you go woo! woo! woo!. The car turns heads everywhere it goes and I am still constintly being asked "What is It".

I feel a few of the short commings are mutual judging from what I've read on the forum, like the motor only proforms well above 3500rpm's. Also that the Gears needs to be re-worked (I mean they pulled the transmision from a the Colorado Pick-up truck). The car definetly needs a turbo or Supercharger, just to get it up to the 125mph range you have to be in fourth gear at 6000rpm's.... Other than that I am very happy with my new toy...I mean car!

·
Registered
575 Posts
if I can't get it past 125 mph in fourth gear, then I'm cancelling my order!!!

kidding..............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.