Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my review of VIN #1491 Cool with Ebony leather and all options except XM, Smokers package, LSD, and Onstar.

1400 miles - 24.8 mpg 89 octane

I am 5'6" and 160 lbs and this is my mainframe transportation.

Exterior:

I declare the fit and finish to be very sanitary. The car has more curves than Angelina Jolie. The paint is perfect, I've washed it 4 times and put one good coat of wax on it. The only problem is I have to close the hood on the passenger side of the car or it won't close flush on both sides, something to mention when I take it in for service. I did change the antenna for looks.

Interior:

Seating and leg room are very comfortable. The gearshift is positioned so well it just calls for you to grab hold and let it rip, and the throws are tight and easy to shift. Mirrors are effective and I haven't had any problems seeing other drivers. I'm still getting used to the speedometer and small gas gauge. I often catch myself going 10 miles over the speed limit and not realizing it. The Monsoon sound is great and I listen to CD's almost all the time. I'm learning to put the windows down by using my right hand and I close the center compartment with my elbow. A little more storage would be nice but I'm adjusting.

Driving:

With the wide low stance and 18" tires this car handles like a big go cart and I find myself looking for curvy roads just for the fun of it. I'm used to shifting between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM's but this car does better at around 4,000 which has me watching the mirrors for the cops, but I'm having a blast driving it and can't slow down until I get stuck behind somebody.

Top:

I haven't had a convertible for a long time but it's alot easier than the T-tops I had on my Camaro. I did have trouble the first few days I had it but have it all figured out now and it's a breeze to put up and down. My latch was loose and rattled but after I tightened it, no problems. I do get a little wind noise but not enough that it bothers me. I drove though heavy wind and rain the second day I had the car (hurricane Wilma) and no leaks.

Trunk:

I think GM could make some improvement here but there is more room than what my saddlebags hold and I'm able to get the groceries home now alot easier. I'm playing golf tomorrow so I'll see how the bag fits in the back, if nothing else I'll put it in the passenger seat.
I've never driven a car without a spare tire, jack, nor even a lug wrench but only time will tell if this is a problem or not.

Update: The golf bag was a snug fit in the trunk especially with the top down and the golf course workers were dazzled by the car.

Summary:

Overall I am very pleased with this car and feel it fits my Florida lifestyle to a tee. Pontiac has put the fun and excitement back into my driving and I'm enjoying the ride immensely. The waiting was the hardest part but worth it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Tigerman said:
The only problem is I have to close the hood on the passenger side of the car or it won't close flush on both sides, something to mention when I take it in for service.
Mine does this too, but only occasionally. I've only had to close it from the passenger side once or twice. Usually I shut it and if the passenger side doesn't take I just pop it and try it again. Generally it goes the second time, but if it doesn't then I pop it again and push towards the middle of the back edge of the hood. If it STILL doesn't shut right then I pop it again and go around to the other side.

Overall I am very pleased with this car and feel it fits my Florida lifestyle to a tee.
:agree:

Pontiac has put the fun and excitement back into my driving and I'm enjoying the ride immensely.
WELL PUT! :thumbs:

·
Registered
55 Posts
TigerMan

Great review Tigerman. Thanks for posting this. Am still awaiting the arrival of my SLY (Bayed 4b00) so who knows when it will arrive. Just living vicariously through all the posts on the forum. Hope springs eternal you know.
Cwh55

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have owner my Vin 113 for about 2 months now.

The interior storage is really sparce..

No place for spare change, no place for the cell phone, sunglasses...etc...

The center console is really not convenient for a cell phone, change...

·
Registered
55 Posts
First 1 K, or Tigerman

I've been thinking about the lack of storage and had a thought. Since I don't have the car yet, I need to ask someone who does. There were posts about an upgrade headliner for the car. Do you think it feasible to ask KAPPASPHERE to develop a headliner with pockets that zip or velcro that would be easily accessible for the driver and passenger, but would not interfere with the stowing of the top in the trunk? Just a thought. Thanks.
Charles

·
5,600 Posts
T-man,

Nice review. Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
264 Posts
No LSD

Thanks Tiger. My order was picked up Tues., and thanks to your recent posts, I am with you, Cool, loaded, but no LSD and a clean deck. Thanks. I assume still no clunk? :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuxford said:
Thanks Tiger. My order was picked up Tues., and thanks to your recent posts, I am with you, Cool, loaded, but no LSD and a clean deck. Thanks. I assume still no clunk? :cool:
Now 1700 miles, and still no clunk. Cograts on the order, sounds like your getting a cool car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts