Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help for car#54. When the car got to the dealer it did not have 2 keys or an owners manual. The dealer took care of the key but had to order the owners manual. I just want to make sure he got the right one. It have a very plane white cover with 2006 on the left side and a line going across the front of the cover to a pontiac enblem. The word solstice is on the top of the line all the way to the right end of the line just before the enblem. That is it. Does that look like the owners manual that came with your car? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
767 Posts
This sounds just like what came with mine, except mine is in a plastic semi-hard covered holder. The manual is also on-line. Search for my gm link on the forum.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can be fairly certain that if it says Solstice on the cover, its the right manual

·
Registered
265 Posts
ya know. i'd be slightly concerned about getting delivery minus a key and the owner's manual. someone out there is running around with a key to your car now. not that many sols around. just drive around looking for the few out there and try out the key, then drive away.

sounds like someone along the delivery chain decided to keep some souvineers from your car :(

·
5,641 Posts
Since the car is in your school's colors, maybe the owner's manual ended up in the school library? :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
scottjl said:
ya know. i'd be slightly concerned about getting delivery minus a key and the owner's manual. someone out there is running around with a key to your car now. not that many sols around. just drive around looking for the few out there and try out the key, then drive away.

sounds like someone along the delivery chain decided to keep some souvineers from your car :(
If the dealer did things correctly, they would've recoded it so the other keychain didn't work. I remember reading that if a RKE unit is lost or stolen this can be done, and that it only supports up to four RKE units. Of course, now that I need to cite the information I can't find it again. Maybe I just dreamed this along with all my other Solstice dreams?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts