Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whew what a great weekend! Placed my Solstice token on "GO", rolled the dice and hit 5 states in 3 days. Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland. Took in the Ohio Amish country along RTE.220 very nice 2 lane hi-way and most of the truck traffic must have stayed on the turnpike...nice cruise great weather, great colors all along. Every state had looks of wonder as the Solstice made it's way along country road and highway from city to town. I did not see one other Solstice the entire weekend. The cruise control performed smoothly with no jumpiness. The power was most surely there as the Solstice climed the steeper elevations of the mountainous terrain of PA. WV. and MD. only on the really steep grades did I need to drop from 5th gear to 4th to speed the ascent up the mountains. Occassionaly checking the AVG. MPG. setting the highest number I saw was 26.5. Not bad considering I didn't turn over 1000 miles until I was almost home again. Handling on the curvy two lane backroads was a dream, even had my wife hanging on to the handles on a few of em, but the Solstice hung smoothly and seemed to stay very "flat" to the road surface. Took a few pictures but i haven't figured out that "Putfile" thing yet so maybe I'll get my nephew to post them on my business website and then I will post the address for you folks to check them out! Can't wait till spring, but the fall cruises are good too and a lot less bugs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
cool

I was coming back from Pittsburgh to Charleston didnt see you though. I keep my eyes peeled for a SOL. I have only saw one in WV.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
sorry you didn't see our post and hook up with us !!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came through ....

I came through WV at Bridgeport / Martins Ferry area going through Tridelphia to Washington to Brownsville and so on. I usually get up around Morgantown WV but not this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts