Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

P0014 code?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  marksbug 
#1 ·
Everything I've seen is pointing to this being the Intake or exhaust solenoids. And it seems like replacing these has been the fix for pretty much everyone. Just wanted to ask if it could be something else (more importantly anything major). I've seen other threads on here but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

#2 ·
Usually in this case it is the solenoids, with the P0014 code you are getting, that points to the exhaust cam actuator. You can remove the one that you have now, check the screens to make sure that they are not clogged. Also, if your oil is really old, sometimes that can cause that code also we have found a couple times now.

Hope that helps,
Dave

#4 ·
IMSMC, there has been only 1 case of having this code and it being something else other then those. Replace both at the same and change your oil, since these are oil driven.

Reactions: Sting Ya
#5 ·
mine has thrown this code also, 55000 miles. it has dino oil not synthetic ( bought the car about 3 weeks ago thats what the dealer put in it) so..change to the correct weight syn oil or pull the ex silly noid and check screen?or just stick one in there? also is there a updated chain tensioner that can be eazely used with out tearing the front off the motor? like for the one up on the head for timing chains not the internal one for the balance shafts&h2o pump.

#7 ·
If I remember correctly you have a 2006 NA 2.4, correct? If so, the mineral oil isn't a problem. Don't bother to check anything, just replace the solenoids, and i would do both out of principle. As noted, there aren't any alternatives to the tensioners.

#6 ·
Um....hope the conventional oil wasn't in too long. The turbo in our cars doesn't last long (about 200 miles) with conventional oil. Chances are you ruined the solenoids.... And no, the tensioners are inside under the timing cover. And there are 2, the timing and balancer chains each have separate ones.

#9 ·
well I ordered some silly noids for it, and a cam sensor just incase ,there cheep. I pulled buth solenoids.cleaned them shook the crap out of them and flushed good, some crap in them. replaced put them back in( the new stuff wont be hear till next week.so Ill try this) then drained the oil witch looked new but was thick..im not used o dino oil...refilled with syn. then pulled the wadded up filter out of it.......effing morons. replaced with new filter. what a noise these engines make when starting after filter&oil change, wish I could just spin it before it fires up to get oil pressure. went for a ride.....well it seemed to have about 40 more hp or so and pulls much better. I ordered a obd scanner to read and clear codes. I just hope the effed up filter ddnt do to much hurt.I wonder how many miles it has like that, the dealer I bought it from said they changed the oil in november...they may also of cleared the code before I picked it up or it threw it on the way home for the first time...ow well it's much better now.and my smile is a tad bigger. now for a flash& build proper a header for it.and put in the dvd/gps.

#10 ·
Nothing unusual as far as the filter goes when I purchased my car it was a GM certified which entailed a car inspection , fluid change etc. As soon as I got it home I changed the oil and like yours they never changed the filter so they put fresh oil in and left a dirty filter .

#11 ·
no they changed this one, but it was all wadded up in there like they put the finter down in the case all wonkey not seated in the cap.and when the cap was screwed on it was cocked or something and forced it down wadding it up. I dont like these straight pleated filters for this kind of application any way as they have nowhere to go when compressed, it shopuld be either spring loaded with very little tollarance in length so it dosent crush the filter. some good "O" rings to take up the clearance or a zig zag pleat like the ac delco filter from france is( witch I have comming). or even a slight twisted pleat may work to keep from dystroying the filter. the oil I deaind out looked like it was comming out of the jug, extreamly clean looking witch is a good sine, not all funkey from moisture or a engine that hasent seen many oil changes. but it's the **** that got by the filter that worrys me.. I do wish these engines had a anti drain back valve in them since syn is so thin it dose not take long for it to all drain back. Gm effed up on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.