Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I was getting on it.. and the engine started running really bad and was smoking a little and smelled like fuel really bad I have a meath tune on it. but was not being used at the time I have a trifecta 23psi tune on when this happened the oil smells like gas but has no discoloration to it the engine only ran for about two minutes or so after this happened because I was just down the road from my house.i got a check engine light of p0087and p0089 it also said engine power reduced I did a little research think it maybe the fuel pressure sensor or regular any help would be very helpful..

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Sounds like your high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) sh*t the bed. Search on HPFP or high pressure fuel pump for more info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks..will take a look.I did a compression check today and it was all in spec..cylinder 2 had some puddle of fuel in it. the other 3 look good and dry the plugs look good to except number 2 it was black and wet so im thinking I have a bad injector in cylinder 2 ???

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
That could be as well. It's not uncommon for the HPFP to fail. Unless I'm mistaken, there aren't nearly as many injector failures (none that I recall off the top of my head, but I doubt that's right).

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You said that you are running the Trifecta tune. Are you also running the E85 tune?
(If memory serves, Trifecta has an E85 tune)

If so, then we have seen injector seals fail, when running the corn.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Sounds like your high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) sh*t the bed. Search on HPFP or high pressure fuel pump for more info.
You mean "It looks like it just shipped the bed!" :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no im not running e85 tune just high boost.. the reason I think the injector went bad is because only 2 cylinders where full of fuel the cylinder 2and3 look good and dry..the plugs where the same to if the hpfp was bad I would assume I would have the same problem in all 4 cylinders or similar

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also if it is the injectors dose anyone have any laying around or know where I can get a few for cheep?

·
Registered
292 Posts
This code is:

Fuel pressure regulator sensor

·
Registered
4,181 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found them at rockauto for $136. im low on cash so just trying to do it the cheapest way thats why im doing it myself..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Go and look on eBay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when I pulled my intake manifold off I pored gas out of it(2to3 table spoons)..also this is what my valves look like is this normal for 50'000 miles

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
A seafoam treatment will help mitigate the excessive valve gunk. It builds up more rapidly b/c the backsides aren't "washed" by fuel from injectors (which is probably what that article says)...

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tested the injectors today cylinder 1s injector world not ome out so I was thinking it was stuck open so cranked the engine over with no plugs and all the fuel injectors unplugged and and cylinder 1 was free flowing all the time so I was right ..now to get a new one and replace it and she should be up and running..keep my fingers crossed that's the only issue

1 - 20 of 20 Posts