Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the threads relating to this code, but I still have questions. Is the solution more likely to be cleaning, or replacement of the sensor? Do I clean it then cross my fingers, or preventatively change it?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I don't think the sensor is that expensive. If it isn't I would be inclined to just change it as you'd be doing the same (or less) work to take the old one out and clean it. But money is money so cleaning it may be worth it.

·
Administrator
10,690 Posts
I've read the threads relating to this code, but I still have questions. Is the solution more likely to be cleaning, or replacement of the sensor? Do I clean it then cross my fingers, or preventatively change it?
P0107 relates to the MAP sensor. I looked through the forum threads and did see some references to cleaning it, but as a question, not a recommendation. The MAF sensor is the one that sometimes benefits from cleaning.

Something I have seen related to the MAP sensor is to remove it and lubricate the o-ring, since there have been occasions of a leak in that location causing a code.

Also, check the sensor connections and wiring for looseness or damage.

Reactions: HHGadget

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
If you have the upgraded tune (GMPP) or the upgraded MAP sensors (held in by only 1 screw...your car may still have 2 screws, but only one ear on the sensor, which means it's a GMPP sensor), the dealers crimped the wires rather then solder them. If they are crimped, pull them apart one by one and solder them back together.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the upgraded tune (GMPP) or the upgraded MAP sensors (held in by only 1 screw...your car may still have 2 screws, but only one ear on the sensor, which means it's a GMPP sensor), the dealers crimped the wires rather then solder them. If they are crimped, pull them apart one by one and solder them back together.
My tune is by Trifecta. No crimping here, completely stock sensors.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out the sensor was just unplugged. I didn't unplug it, and no one else has been under the hood in three months.

This car is either cursed, or haunted. Since AFAIK, the previous owner is still alive, I'm voting for cursed.

·
Administrator
10,690 Posts
Turns out the sensor was just unplugged. I didn't unplug it, and no one else has been under the hood in three months.

This car is either cursed, or haunted. Since AFAIK, the previous owner is still alive, I'm voting for cursed.
It is always good to find an easy solution.

I'm not sure what to do about a curse. Exorcism?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts