Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.
A while ago, I had to take my car to a mechanic and they had my wastegate replaced. The code was P0299 (underboost) and the symptom was a huge lack of power and boost.

After having the wastegate replaced, the issue I started having immediately was that power would cut out sporadically from time to time while driving. This issue continued to get worse, and I finally got a check engine light the other day and scanned these two codes: P0238 (Turbo boost sensor A circuit high) and P0098 (air intake temperature sensor 2 circuit high).

Anyone have this issue? Or any ideas as to what the root of the problem could be?

I just wanna have my little monster back and running after months of issues...:cry:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I would look at your MAP sensors. If you have teh higher boost 3.2BAR sensors, held in with 1 bolt instead of 2, check the solder joints. They were soldered in earlier GMPP tunes at the dealerships. You will probably have to cut out the old solder joints and redo it. Make sure to put shrink wrap around it and then electrical tape....but make sure it works first!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also you might want to check the O-rings on the MAP sensors and the Manifold Purge valve. I had a similar issue that was cured by simply greasing the O-rings on those parts (they may need to be replaced if they show signs of deterioration). You can find that discussion on the Board if you look up Code P0106. A simple fix that worked for me and cost nothing but a little labor and some silicone grease. Good luck and stay safe.
grandpop07

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would look at your MAP sensors. If you have teh higher boost 3.2BAR sensors, held in with 1 bolt instead of 2, check the solder joints. They were soldered in earlier GMPP tunes at the dealerships. You will probably have to cut out the old solder joints and redo it. Make sure to put shrink wrap around it and then electrical tape....but make sure it works first!!
I have the regular 2 bolt MAP sensor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mechanic is telling me the PCM is faulty and needs to be replaced.
I forgot to mention that I've also been experiencing rough idles at cold start. The car seems to be struggling with the warmup.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also you might want to check the O-rings on the MAP sensors and the Manifold Purge valve. I had a similar issue that was cured by simply greasing the O-rings on those parts (they may need to be replaced if they show signs of deterioration). You can find that discussion on the Board if you look up Code P0106. A simple fix that worked for me and cost nothing but a little labor and some silicone grease. Good luck and stay safe.
grandpop07
I replaced the purge valve solenoid not too long ago. Could the new part be faulty?

·
Super Moderator
7,146 Posts
I have the regular 2 bolt MAP sensor.
Both of those codes are as likely (or more so) to be caused by wiring problems as engine problems.

You have two pressure sensors. One that you posted the picture of and a second on the duct between the intercooler and the throttle body. Check the wiring to both of them carefully for damaged wire or a loose or corroded connector.

The fact that this started right after you had the car woeked on suggests that something was knocked loose or damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts