Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting this P0300 code on my 06 Solstice at 5000RPM or more and the engine goes into fail safe mode and then clears the engine light symbol.
I seemed to notice it after I installed the K&N cai. The scanner suggests bad fuel and spark plugs. I took out the plugs today and noticed that half of the insulator around the electrode was gone on one of the original plugs. The car only has 39000 KM. I installed Bosch Platinum 4+ and the engine runs incredable smooth and quiet. I went out on the highway and once the rpm was at 5000 the problem is still there. Its possible that there is some condensation in the fuel from the winter storage, but I always keep my tank full and use premium fuel.
I would appreciate any suggestions or help anyone may have as I absolutely love this car. Also when I was removing the old spark plugs I noticed that there were some pit marks on the pistons when I looked down there with my flash light. What could cause that other than carbon?

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP
258 Posts
If you concerned about bad gas run it out without driving aggressively and top it off with 91-93 again. Are you scanning this yourself? Clean your MAF. It could be dirty from the KN filter. I stick with OE plugs and gap them properly, but don't bother buying new plugs again. Do you know the cylinder miss? Its probably the one that had the busted up plug, but... If you can scan and narrow down the cylinder then swap the coils and see if it changes cylinders. If not swap an injector and test again. This will help narrow it down to a part. There will be slight carbon build up but there are no pit marks other than valve reliefs on the pistons. Start there and follow up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts