Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
Not complaining, mind you, but when asking for help it is helpful to identify the year and model of the car.
Also the mileage, and anything you know about what has recently changed and what was happening when the code was set.
Freeze-frame data is a really good thing to have for engine issues.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Vincent.

I run a '06 NA, so I can't help you with your problem. But there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here like JohnWR who might be able to point you in the right direction.

Just roll with the flow and provide the information they request. It would help them make a proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry ty for welcome. It's a 2007 GXP I am asking about of course i am getting a tune up plugs to coils the whole bang. But does anyone know why would shot all 3 codes if not just a tune up i am all stock but just change turbo and incooler purge system. And all 02 senors done all along with other work. That is when i got codes was not this at start was P2187 went down list of codes now mis fire in #1 and #4.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again sorry did not see till now 90000 miles on it just put $2000 of work just put in to throw them codes before work i just had done.

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
P2187 is the code for "Too lean at idle" while the P030x codes are "Engine misfire detected."

There are a lot of different causes for these, but vacuum leaks are a common cause of them both, so check for loose, cracked, or missing hoses, gaskets, or parts in the intake. Low fuel pressure is another cause, so you could have a bad High Pressure Fuel Pump, or there could be a problem with a fuel injector or their wiring. A tank of bad gas can also result in either code.

Do you get the P030x when idling, or only when driving?

Since you are getting misfire codes for cylinders 1 and 4 you should switch (one at a time) the coils and plugs between 1&2 and 3&4 to see if the problem moves.

Also check the plugs for fouling by gas coolant or oil, cracked insulators, and the proper gap.

·
Registered
366 Posts
if you just put coils on it I would put 2 of the old coils on it in the 1&4 position.and possiably the plugs too if you still hav ethem.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Got a P030X on the third day with my '07 GXP when new.

Car ran like a champ, code went away by itself the very next day as I recall although I do remember exactly that it happened on the thursday aftyer memorial day 2008, just past the Dunkin Donuts near Forest Hills T station. It's strange what you can recall. Brought it to the dealer anyway, they could find nothing wrong but they ID'd the code, which I cannot accurately remember other than P030something. Only explanation anyone could come up with was some bad gas. I miss Rickey Smith Pontiac, they were a pretty good dealership.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all. I am changing coils with BDW coils and Del co plugs. Just waiting on coils. Might take 3 to 4 days to get. Why do a half job just doing ones that show code. My engine light is not on. But still shows codes. I hope this works i got a good deal. Anyone know the gap of plugs? This will help. Plugs them selfs show .35 for plug what is orig gap size. Got ACDelco Iridium #41-108 they are right plugs right?

·
Registered
366 Posts
my wifes honda element threw a code last week after I worked on it.:surprise:.... I changed the VVT silly noid.:nerd:..what a pain in the ass on a honda. the 3rd or 4th time we started the car the code was gone. I had a sensor or sily noid disconnected when I started the car so I could turn the wheels. Im sure that's where it came from and after 3 more key cycles with everything good it deleated the code. all this dang new fangled electronickeky stuff is gonna drive me nuts....oops, too late:wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
Hello all. I am changing coils with BDW coils and Del co plugs. Just waiting on coils. Might take 3 to 4 days to get. Why do a half job just doing ones that show code. My engine light is not on. But still shows codes. I hope this works i got a good deal. Anyone know the gap of plugs? This will help. Plugs them selfs show .35 for plug what is orig gap size. Got ACDelco Iridium #41-108 they are right plugs right?
Did the MIL go off by itself? After some faults the MIL will reset by itself if a certain number of events happen without the cause of the fault reoccurring. The code will stay in memory until a larger number of events happen. What the event is, and how many are needed depend on the specific fault.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I replaced all 4 02 sensors and speed seensor whole purge system turbocharger intercooler and some other work done. These P030x codes where not there untill everything was fixed. I did floor it today and it sputtered like 1 and 4 where not firing. If i floor it after the start it flys just not flooring it from the rip. See pic everything i just got done.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,060 Posts
Are you even reading the responses you are getting? I don't really see a reply to any of them here.

Is this the car you refer to in another thread that was wrecked? There are a number of things related to a wreck that could be wrong.

Also, what prompted all of the work you had done?

Where are the 4 O2 sensors? I know of 2.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think he is saying he replaced 4 sensors..2 o2 and 2 something else... but I do agree no responses to any of the responses...could he be a computer.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had bought the car dealer tells me go to his friends shop and it will pass. Also have him recorded saying this. All this work that has been done and still needs to be done is for inspection i have an emmisions waver on my car. Won't pass next year. Just want what guy promised. Oh i will be taking him to court with him saying he promised me inspection and after all this work it still wont pass and throwing codes. I will win this case for sure don't know how much will get to finish up car. Lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And my macanic said was 4 02 sensors he also replaced speed sensor and another. You seen how much work i did on it already. And i just got this was a problem from the rip. He told me replaced 02 sensor so others where not set yet. My fault i bought that line. Yes i wanted it and did wrong. Lol. I think he is going to pay for this though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts