Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice Base 2.4L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! first post here. I got my 2007 Solstice base 2.4L a few months ago as a daily driven car that my dad and I can work on together. We replaced quite a bit so far but we recently got the P0442 code and we aren't sure which part to replace first. I have trouble pumping gas (will click off if I go too fast or at the wrong angle) and my idle is quite rough and inconsistent. Which part should I replace first?

Thank you so much in advance! I LOVE my car so any advise is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Probably the charcoal emissions canister got flooded from over filling the tank.

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac Solstice Base 2.4L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the charcoal emissions canister got flooded from over filling the tank.
I have always made sure I dont flood it myself but of course I dont know what the previous owner did... Should I replace the canister then?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
It's a code for the EVAP system you have a leak somewhere . The first thing I would check is the gas cap the last time the misses filled her car up she didn't tighten the cap correctly and got this code ,went out tighten the cap correctly 3 clicks and cleared the code problem solved .If that doesn't do it you may need to replace the cap cheap fix .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts