Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not hard to find out what the codes means but what to do about them is a different issue.I know P0480 is the fan relay1 and the P0691 is fan speed output low .I assume (i hate to do that) the fan relay 1 needs to be replaced but what about the speed output low? Is there a sensor that reads the speed of the fan that needs to be replaced or does it need a new fan.This car has less than 26k on it so I have a hard time believing the fan is suspect.I spun it by hand to see if it was stuck ,frozen or just plain dragging and it seemed fine so someone please help me here. I am sure I can find the relay and check into that not sure about speed sensor for the low output.One other question here at what temperature should the fan turn on? Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found relay under hood passenger side it is relay in #1 position .It was popped out of place ,reset it and still have the check engine light.The code refers to relay1 ,is it referring to the relay in the #1 spot under the hood or is there another relay some wheres else in the car ?What about the fan speed output,is that just a code that was generated when the relay came dislodged ?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Lot of people have had fan problems with the turbo cars. We have a fan speed controller as part of the fan assembly, that fails (unfortunately you have to buy the whole assembly, which is EXpensive). That sounds like your problem, sorry to a say.

Search the forum for "fan controller".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TS actually found the issue,when the #1 relay popped out and I found it ,replaced it ,I expected the codes to clear.I cleared the codes this morning and scanned the car again ,codes cleared and now there is no check engine light present.I will put some miles on it today and see if it stays clear.Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts