Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of 509 two weeks ago. I found some flaws in the sly paint job on the hood. Looks like ridges and valleys almost like palm prints, in the paint(it's in 3 areas on the hood about the size of a dime or smaller). The clear coat is smooth, looks like it's in the sly paint. Any one else have any paint related concerns?

Slyride lots of fun......

·
Registered
215 Posts
safetrex said:
I took delivery of 509 two weeks ago. I found some flaws in the sly paint job on the hood. Looks like ridges and valleys almost like palm prints, in the paint(it's in 3 areas on the hood about the size of a dime or smaller). The clear coat is smooth, looks like it's in the sly paint. Any one else have any paint related concerns?

Slyride lots of fun......
607 picked up last week. 4 tiny little bubbles or bumps on right door that I did not see at the delaership and neither did the salesman. Other than that ok all around

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Every once and a while in the right light I see some minor imperfections. I did see a couple of dime sized markings that looked like a stain of some kind that doesn't come out. I'm afraid to rub too hard so I just left them since they are only visible in weird lighting at certain angles.

Everything else is perfect and mine is black.

·
5,600 Posts
No problems with orange peel?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just detailed my Cool with the Zaino kit yesterday. Found one speck of dirt under the paint on the passenger door above the handle. Will have to live with this as my wife won't let me repaint the door yet. The rear bumper on the passenger side was touched up at the factory and was descent enough not to repaint. No orange peel on any of the car.

·
5,600 Posts
No orange peel. Thanks! :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts