Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...maybe I am crazy, but what do you think? I can see the Solstice with the side painted like the old '56 - '62 Corvettes in a contrasting color.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Try putting an image together, cause I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're suggesting.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Funny thing, I was watching a show yesterday that had a company that is doing replica 53' vettes on a C6 platform. As I watched I noticed a striking resemblence in the front facia (change the lights and grill) and the rear (add fins with tail lamps). Does any one else see that?

·
Registered
937 Posts
i agree there is a resemblance, but the vette's side was concave where it was painted. I don't think the solstice lines match up with that. Check out the body
here

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
silversolstice said:
i agree there is a resemblance, but the vette's side was concave where it was painted. I don't think the solstice lines match up with that. Check out the body
here
:agree: but the nose and tail are there :)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I saw a pic of a Sol that had the sides two-toned. It looked like an Austin Healey 3000. That also was a very elegant car.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
:agree: worth 30k today if you could find one :)

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
vlevick said:
Well...maybe I am crazy, but what do you think? I can see the Solstice with the side painted like the old '56 - '62 Corvettes in a contrasting color.
When I finally get my car I may be able to get a picture with one. I see one on the way to work on sunny days here in Kansas.

·
Registered
130 Posts
:agree: I know exactly what you're saying! I can remember riding my bike down to the local Chevy dealership as a Sophmore in High School and looking at that brand new 327 1962 Corvette roadster. Still think it was the prettiest one of all. Route 66 anyone?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
vlevick said:
silversolstice said:
here
brentil said:
Try putting an image together, cause I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're suggesting.
Okay B.

Just randomly painting a section of the door white would look silly, and since the only 'concave' on the side of the Solstice is the scallop I assume that's what he was talking about... so here's my chop:

·
Registered
937 Posts
my point exactly. where you going to paint it?

But that actually looks kinda cool.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
The pic is from the Forbes review.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I had imagined is following the horizontal line you see on the side of the front fender (near the top of the tire opening), across the fender and door (to the rear to about the middle of the door). The bottom line would be the line of the bottom of the door. It would begin at the rear of the front tire. Imagine that...if you can...and look at a picture of a '56 - '62 Corvette (I have had a few). You are right, on the Corvette this area was "concave". I still believe it would work on this car. Sorry...I played around on the computer for a long time but can't seem to find a "paint" program on my pc that will do it. Can somebody (a little more pc savy than me) help me out here? For example - a silver insert on a red car, or a red insert on a black car.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
vlevick said:
What I had imagined is following the horizontal line you see on the side of the front fender (near the top of the tire opening), across the fender and door (to the rear to about the middle of the door). The bottom line would be the line of the bottom of the door. It would begin at the rear of the front tire. Imagine that...if you can...and look at a picture of a '56 - '62 Corvette (I have had a few). You are right, on the Corvette this area was "concave". I still believe it would work on this car. Sorry...I played around on the computer for a long time but can't seem to find a "paint" program on my pc that will do it. Can somebody (a little more pc savy than me) help me out here? For example - a silver insert on a red car, or a red insert on a black car.

Something more like this?

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
vlevick said:
Yes...except start it right behind the front tire.
OK.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts