Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone paint their calipers on their Sol yet? If so, show pics.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Haven't done it yet, because my car is not here yet. Will be doing it when I get it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Calipers

That is one of my few pet peeves.

The calipers are just brushed metal. I would highly reccomend either polishing them or painting them. Red would be good on most cars. Black or yellow would also look good on certain colors.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Calipers

All the ones I have seen come in that flat silver color - we will be changing that. :willy: :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well painting the cali's are on the schedual for this fall projects... I have the car tucked away waiting for a break in the weather. I still want to put a few more km's on before I store it for winter. I have a black car so I was thinking I would paint them red... What do you think?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Red is perfect for a Black car. Black would be perfect for a Red car.

I painted the calipers on my GTO from the stock Red to Blue on my Cyclone Gray. Everyone who has seem them said that it looks better than the original red. I think that a good contrast is an eye catcher.

Not that you will have a problem with that in a Solstice. LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
G2 Paint caliper kit.

Go to........ www.decalgirl.com..... for a G2 paint kit for your calipers. I did my S2000 and the quality is first rate. I know some people that have had theirs painted for 3 yrs and still looks brand new. You get more than enough
paint to do all 4 calipers. For 39.95 its a very good deal. They have 7 or 8 different colors to choose from. You can also get decals to go on your calipers ....and yes they do last. I dont think they have any for the slostice
but im sure if they had enough request they would make some.

Bill

·
Registered
729 Posts
My car is grey (Sly), so what do you guys think would be a good color for the calipers??

I'm thinking red, blue, or yellow??

Also, what kind of paint would you use for this and from what store??

- bspate -

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
bspate said:
My car is grey (Sly), so what do you guys think would be a good color for the calipers??

I'm thinking red, blue, or yellow??

Also, what kind of paint would you use for this and from what store??

- bspate -
Red, black, silver, and MAYBE blue would be your best bet with Sly.

Brake Calipers are painted with high-temp paint. You can buy kits designed for painting calipers too for $20-$40.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Or if you know a shop in your area that does powder coating...

I'm going with black, to match the black interiour/top/tanaeu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts