·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Very nice. Now all you need are some flames . . .:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I really think the door insert is a really nice touch and very creative. Very cool look. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I really think the door insert is a really nice touch and very creative. Very cool look. Thanks for sharing.
I agree. I'm stealing that idea... :)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
:agree: me too!!!! They look really cool. Had not thought of that but now am thinking I need to do that plus the insert near the centre grip in JPM leather!!!!:thumbs::willy::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
:agree: me too!!!! They look really cool. Had not thought of that but now am thinking I need to do that plus the insert near the centre grip in JPM leather!!!!:thumbs::willy::thumbs:
NS, you and I are on the same wavelength... I'm finally getting around to having JPM do my dash and was thinking the insert by that handle would be body black. I already have black painted accents on the steering wheel, armrests, and e-brake. But doing it here (door handle inserts) would tie in so nicely with the console handle insert.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Been there, done that. But after i added my color matching red dash kit and door pieces I realized it was to much red and repainted the door inserts back to black. Without my dash kit and door/arm rest being red, the red insert looked fine, just not all together, it was to much. Now I'm starting all over again with my black GXP. Sold my little red devil last year. Wanted an upgrade to the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
The trim on the steering wheel snap on and off. I pulled mine and had it painted as well. Its a small thing but has a postive inpact.

Also painted the forward console and the trim for the center handle. I left these black so most people dont even notice them but now that all but the waterfall are painted, it looks much more "factory". The only bright work is the trim around the windshield and the top of the boomarang which have flames.

I also pulled the trim off the hand brake and had it painted. Again, a small thing but it all adds up.

I have found that if I pull the parts and carry them into my painter, its relatively inexpensive to get them custom painted. As low as $20 - $50 for a part like the door handle inserts for example. Most of the cost is the labor to sand them smooth prior to painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
This isn't going to be as easy as I thought. I have the Sky door panels, and that scoop continues up into the door panel. I'd need to take off the panels and get them masked and painted. In my case, not sure it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
NS, you and I are on the same wavelength... I'm finally getting around to having JPM do my dash and was thinking the insert by that handle would be body black. I already have black painted accents on the steering wheel, armrests, and e-brake. But doing it here (door handle inserts) would tie in so nicely with the console handle insert.
You will love the dash when you have JPM work their magic! I will probably do the same and just paint the centre console insert and door inserts black.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts