Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Just my opinion, but that solid black looks terrible! (At least in that picture)

Yuck!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe its the picture, but i'm not sure I like the black grill on that car color...mine is dark blue, so I believe flat black would look nicer than the stock grill color

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
I know this type of things are a person's own preferences and likes, however the car has silver on the windshield, on the humps so the visual effect to make the car flow is also silver grills both front and rear, this was the way the concept in 2002 was shown.

·
1,492 Posts
I plan on painting front and rear grills black and window & humps stripe pure

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
This car has no chrome, except the plastic simulated chrome handles. This is a classic look, no chrome for me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fortimir said:
IMHO, I think the people would want to paint their grilles silver if they came in black.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
stang said:
I think within a year we are going to see all kinds of looks on this car. You know racing stripes are coming. It's only a matter of time.
:agree: You're right. My wife won't be one of them (especially not racing stripes), but you're right. This is a car that the less affluent can afford, a car the moderately well off can afford to tinker with, and a car the really well off can alter beyond recognition.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hey Bonzo...why not join us on the 26th

about 3 hours from Dayton...right?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
concreteguy said:
:agree: Would it be possible to also swap out the honeycomb for the mesh in the rear?
Not without some cutting I believe. The back dark gray plastic thing is all one piece I think.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
GEEEZES! Whats next, painten the damn wheels Black!

If God wanted the grill to be BLACK, or might I say COLORED in any way, He would of never HAD MAN invent Chrome. The Silver is the next best thing to Chrome.

What MeatHead would Defecate the look of the the Silver Grill.

The whole Car will end up in the terlit, by the time the Commies keep screwin around with Our Car. Now Stifile! YOU! :yesnod: :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
MITCH said:
If God wanted the grill to be BLACK, or might I say COLORED in any way, He would of never HAD MAN invent Chrome. The Silver is the next best thing to Chrome.
But if Man had invented the Solstice first, we would not have needed chrome to hide all those ugly cars. ;)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It would be pretty easy to make a heavy gauge stainless mesh grill CTSV style. How is the plastic insert attached to the front facia?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts