Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few members have purchased these cars and have repainted them .I have a line on one locally (been looking for awhile) and would like to make a mini me of my car ,Envious with black wheels and accents for my grandson any help or advice as usual would be greatly appreciated THANKS !

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Grasshopper, there are many things to learn if you want to do it yourself. :thumbs:

:brentil: Many things! :brentil:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Yes sir I do---We will have to hook up later. smers at suddenlink dot net

Round ball is keeping me busy

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I can't believe how hacked up this house is as far as the plumbing goes but the one thing I have in my favor was that my father was a good teacher and I was an attentive student it has served me well in my later years .

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I bought a Power Wheels Lightning McQueen car to make it into a mini Opel GT. But it really looks like a Solstice/Sky. I was going to cut out the passenger area and slide the whole thing over and bolt it to a Cruisin' Cooler. The wheels would have been elevated off the ground and inch or so and you would actually ride around on the cooler's wheels. They make a 1000 watt cooler that can go 40+mph and there's lots of add-ons you can buy.

The Power Wheels are probably made from polypropylene and it's difficult to get ANYTHING to stick to that stuff. You'll need some kick ass primer. Home Depot sells a super primer in a can called poly-something. You can prime glass, aluminum, galvanized, etc. with it and it works really good.

On the subject of model cars, check out the cool chrome Solstice Coupe keychain my German friend is sending me:

Keychain Vehicle Car Fashion accessory Rim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts