Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is going in to the body shop next Monday to get some minor damage to the right rocker fixed (Turned in too close to a curb, gah!) Anyway, I figured that this would be a good time to take care of something that's bothered me since day 1: the ugly black square smack dab in the middle of the decklid.

The shop says that they can remove and paint the antenna no problem, but they can't guarantee how long it'll last without chipping. Has anyone else had their antenna painted? I'm looking for suggestions to clean/prep the plastic that 'll hopefully make it last longer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I removed that thing the 1st. week I had my SKY.
Cover the holes with a nice 2oz. coin.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
You talking about the XM receptor mole? Probably prep it like any other piece of plastic, clean, sand, prime, color and clear coat. Can't remember if the plastic has a texture molded in. If that's the case the plastic should be sanded until smooth. Also not sure if painting it affects reception.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can't wait to see how it looks. I hate that thing on my '07. It just looks so out of place right there in the middle of the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts