Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored for a few minutes and decided to do a few down and dirty color shifts.

The black turned out good, but the others still need some work.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Actually, I kinda dig the blue one. Thanks for the new wallpaper! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Too bad the real red and blue don't look like that. Your red looks mettallic and your blue is way brighter than the actual blue. I would prefer your colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked colors closer to what I would like. I have always loved a candyapple red. So much sexier than a plain bright red. The real blue is way to dark for me...almost looks black, hard to see the great shape of this car.

Maybe we should try (impossible, I know) to come to a consensus on a few great shades that we want offered in place of these plane vanilla colors they are giving us. Make some pictures and send them to Bob!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
NytLyt said:
I picked colors closer to what I would like. I have always loved a candyapple red. So much sexier than a plain bright red. The real blue is way to dark for me...almost looks black, hard to see the great shape of this car.

Maybe we should try (impossible, I know) to come to a consensus on a few great shades that we want offered in place of these plane vanilla colors they are giving us. Make some pictures and send them to Bob!
There are tons of photoshop color images in the gallery now. Piipor did just about every imaginable color on it already, even pink! Check em out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhatPhelix said:
If you get bored again, try a British Racing Green. :yesnod:
How's This?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
its a little too light to be british racing green, but its a good job. see if you can make it a little darker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Pretty cool! :) I made a small Solstice wallpaper but I can't I post attachments yet :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
solsticeman said:
NytLyt,

Clever avatar. However, you forgot to have the buttresses "pop" up first before the top folds in.


I originally had frames with the buttresses popping up, but the file ended up being almost 60K. I did everything in my power to get it below the 25K limit.

Lemme have a larger avatar and it will get better!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Man, there's only one color I don't see, a more of a cobalt steel color, or oiled gun metal:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
NytLyt said:
I originally had frames with the buttresses popping up, but the file ended up being almost 60K. I did everything in my power to get it below the 25K limit.

Lemme have a larger avatar and it will get better!!!
Since you are a "first 1000 member", you can now have a file up to 35K, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
OK, I still could not attach a file so I just went and hosted the image on ImageShack. I basically darkened one of the images, made the taillights and gauge cluster glow and tossed in two white blobs for headlights. I thought it came out OK :) I can crop it to 1024x768 if anybody wants.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice! Headlights are a nice touch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
JGene said:
OK, I still could not attach a file so I just went and hosted the image on ImageShack. I basically darkened one of the images, made the taillights and gauge cluster glow and tossed in two white blobs for headlights. I thought it came out OK :) I can crop it to 1024x768 if anybody wants.

Very Nice job :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
Hey thanks :)

My Photoshop skills are a little rusty but it's fun to dabble every now and again. The Solstice looks fantastic though :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top