Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Paintshop Fun

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  JGene 
#1 ·
I was bored for a few minutes and decided to do a few down and dirty color shifts.

The black turned out good, but the others still need some work.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Actually, I kinda dig the blue one. Thanks for the new wallpaper! :thumbs:

#7 ·
I picked colors closer to what I would like. I have always loved a candyapple red. So much sexier than a plain bright red. The real blue is way to dark for me...almost looks black, hard to see the great shape of this car.

Maybe we should try (impossible, I know) to come to a consensus on a few great shades that we want offered in place of these plane vanilla colors they are giving us. Make some pictures and send them to Bob!

#8 ·
NytLyt said:
I picked colors closer to what I would like. I have always loved a candyapple red. So much sexier than a plain bright red. The real blue is way to dark for me...almost looks black, hard to see the great shape of this car.

Maybe we should try (impossible, I know) to come to a consensus on a few great shades that we want offered in place of these plane vanilla colors they are giving us. Make some pictures and send them to Bob!
There are tons of photoshop color images in the gallery now. Piipor did just about every imaginable color on it already, even pink! Check em out!

#9 ·
PhatPhelix said:
If you get bored again, try a British Racing Green. :yesnod:
How's This?

Attachments

#13 ·
Pretty cool! :) I made a small Solstice wallpaper but I can't I post attachments yet :(

#14 ·
solsticeman said:
NytLyt,

Clever avatar. However, you forgot to have the buttresses "pop" up first before the top folds in.

I originally had frames with the buttresses popping up, but the file ended up being almost 60K. I did everything in my power to get it below the 25K limit.

Lemme have a larger avatar and it will get better!!!

#16 ·
NytLyt said:
I originally had frames with the buttresses popping up, but the file ended up being almost 60K. I did everything in my power to get it below the 25K limit.

Lemme have a larger avatar and it will get better!!!
Since you are a "first 1000 member", you can now have a file up to 35K, I think.

#17 ·
OK, I still could not attach a file so I just went and hosted the image on ImageShack. I basically darkened one of the images, made the taillights and gauge cluster glow and tossed in two white blobs for headlights. I thought it came out OK :) I can crop it to 1024x768 if anybody wants.

#18 ·
Very nice! Headlights are a nice touch.

#19 ·
JGene said:
OK, I still could not attach a file so I just went and hosted the image on ImageShack. I basically darkened one of the images, made the taillights and gauge cluster glow and tossed in two white blobs for headlights. I thought it came out OK :) I can crop it to 1024x768 if anybody wants.

Very Nice job :yesnod:

#20 ·
Hey thanks :)

My Photoshop skills are a little rusty but it's fun to dabble every now and again. The Solstice looks fantastic though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.