Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found the thread with the PDF on adjusting panels. However, I can't seem to get the panel behind the front wheels adjusted to meet the hood. It's always been bad since buying the car. I've loosened the top three screws, bottom two, and fought like mad to loosen the one between the door gap. Is there any other bolts holding it in place? It just isn't adjusting up. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sounds like you are trying to adjust the fender. All of the bolts on the outside basically just hold it on; you can make minor adjustments with these only. If you take the fender off, you will find the mounting bracket underneath. If memory serves, you can make larger adjustments by moving the mounting bracket where it connects to the car.

Even with that, you may be at the end of your adjustment for going up. If so, then things get a lot more complicated. Because at that point, you will have to adjust the hood down, and everything else accordingly.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it might be the bracket... Thanks for the reply. Ill have to try that I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it! I had to unscrew the top three bolts as well as the bottom two, and the one that connects it to the plastic wheel well. THEN, I loosened the one in the door jam. Finally it all lines up, and the hood closes down to leave a normal minimal gap where the rubber is.

Crazy thing is I can't remember a time when it did line up properly. I have a feeling that it got messed up by the dealership/shipping when it was new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts